Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever suddenly became lactose intolerant while pregnant?!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ever since I became pregnant Ive had THE WORST PAINS after consuming dairy and I get sick as ****. Is this even possible?

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Not while pregnant,but right after I gave birth. Horrible stomach cramps and diarrhea. I still can't tolerate it very well and my baby is 2.5 years old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. Although I always had a sensitivity, this pregnancy if I so much as put cream in my coffee.
piercedbeauty21
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I did when I was pregnant with my Dd. This time I'm pregnant with a little boy, and I craved milk and dairy from the very beginning.

TattooedMom104
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

I did when I was pregnant with my Dd. This time I'm pregnant with a little boy, and I craved milk and dairy from the very beginning.

Did it seem to go away later on in your pregnancy? Im craving ice cream and cant have it lol

piercedbeauty21
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Quoting TattooedMom104:

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

Did it seem to go away later on in your pregnancy? Im craving ice cream and cant have it lol

The most I crave now is ice cold milk lol. I'm not eating as much dairy as I was, so I think the craving is slowing down. Now, 3 months ago, I totally would've fought over the last gallon of milk at the store LOL.
littlemoments99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had the opposite effect. Milk used to make me sick for a while, but now I cannot get enough! Weird changes our bodies go through, I guess.   :)

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM
This is how I knew I was pregnant I would call mine more of food aversion I was sick by the taste of anything dairy
livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Not lactose intolerance, but I have delevloped odd allergies to strawberries. Peanuts, and bandaid adhesive. Wth is that. Lol
TattooedMom104
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Lol bandaid adhesive? thas the wierdest thing ive heard yet

Quoting livingrlovesong:

Not lactose intolerance, but I have delevloped odd allergies to strawberries. Peanuts, and bandaid adhesive. Wth is that. Lol

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM

VERY normal!  Your digestion system slows down in pregnancy and it can cause all sorts of issues.  You can get Lactaid over the counter at nearly any store, it's safe in pregnancy.  Better yet you can try switching to unsweetened almond milk.  We just did recently and besides the almond flavor it's really no different! :)

Wife, Mother of 3, Photographer, Student Birth & Postpartum Doula, Birth Advocate

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured