Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At home pregnacy tests.

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:21 AM
  • 11 Replies
When are at home pregnancy tests the most acurate?
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:25 AM
When you first pee after the longest time of not peeing. For most people its when they wake up in the morning, but for me it is not because I wake up multiple times to pee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoupTimeLoving
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:28 AM
But how long do you have to wait to take the test after penatration?

Quoting polkaspots:

When you first pee after the longest time of not peeing. For most people its when they wake up in the morning, but for me it is not because I wake up multiple times to pee.

polkaspots
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Most women wait until they miss their period. If you've had sex within the past few hours, you're probably not pregnant yet. It takes a while (a few weeks) for the hormone level to become high enough to be noticed with a test. I never had any luck until a few weeks after my missed period, but I've heard of women testing positively a week after they ovulated, so I don't really know what to tell you.

Quoting SoupTimeLoving:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoupTimeLoving
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:00 AM
well thanks anyway

Quoting polkaspots:

Most women wait until they miss their period. If you've had sex within the past few hours, you're probably not pregnant yet. It takes a while (a few weeks) for the hormone level to become high enough to be noticed with a test. I never had any luck until a few weeks after my missed period, but I've heard of women testing positively a week after they ovulated, so I don't really know what to tell you.

Quoting SoupTimeLoving:

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM
How long ago did you have sex?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Usually 7-14 days after sex.. all depends on how long it takes for implantion to happen.
ColleenF30
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Depends on how fast it implants, and how fast hormone begins to rise.

Larsbug
by Laura on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I would typically wait about 14-20 days after sex to get the most accurate reading and take it with first morning urine so it isn't diluted

littlemamarisa
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM

When you first wake up in the morning and when it is close to the day of your missed period.

tammy_lynne
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM

The package will tell you. The longer you wait the better. I got a very clear positive 6 days after my missed period.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured