Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can Someone Help Me?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:37 AM
  • 8 Replies
It is 3:30 in the morning and I have been up since 1:45 because as soon as I lay down my right hand falls asleep. This has been the worst night if it. For the past week or so I wake up several times a night, my arm sore and my hand dead. I toss and turn all night as it is so I don't think it is just that I am sleeping on it. And it isn't just that tingling asleep, it's the have to physically get up and move around kind. Right now I kind of have myself propped up but I won't sleep that way. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?

Btw, I do drink as much water as I can.
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Sounds like a nerve is being cut off when you lie down. You may have to try sleeping sitting up a bit. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemamarisa
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I have the same thing going on. The nerves are on your right hand side of your body so it is best to lay on your left side. In my case my hands are swelling while I sleep and on top of that DD is more on my left side and my doc said not to lay on it anymore so there is not much I can do. She did suggest soaking my hands in cold water..... Good luck... I also heard it doesn't go away until you have baby.

CafeMom Tickers
LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I'd head into the chiropractor!!
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM

maybe try a different position and bring it up with your dr.

Larsbug
by Laura on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM

sounds like a nerve might be pinched

misskrys86
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Yep, this is me exactly. Just started last week, I drink a ton of water and it doesn't matter what position/side I'm on my right hand always falls asleep. I wake up every hour or so anyway so I just shake it off and rub my hand and fall back asleep, so I don't really have an answer for ya. You have a little longer than me, so maybe try propping yourself up with pillows. GL :)

CafeMom Tickers

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM

sounds like you have pregnancy carpel tunnel.. sometimes it goes away after pregnancy.. sometimes it doesnt.. mine didnt. it sucks. just google ways of relieving the pain of it. 

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I suffered with that in my last pregnancy :/ it went away about a weekafter delivery!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)