Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Tell me your birth stories/experiences

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 18 Replies

My husband and I are currently TTC but I've been doing some reading up on labor and delivery for when it finally happens. Some of the stories I read, freak me out. Others sounds awesome.

Share your birth stories/experiences with me, please.

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM

im gonna bump this because mine would REALLY freak you out! lol so heres a bump!! GL on TTC

Larsbug
by Laura on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM
my first one would freak you out, my second wasn't bad at all...
tammy_lynne
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I'll just say 36 hours of intense back labor....

But, both my step sister's had really easy short labors (8 and 4 hours) all depends on the person. I also don't have much for hips.

Even though my labor was awful... I'm now having a second, it's all worth it in the end.  

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I suggest you dont listen to other womens horror birth stories...its not good

with my 1st I didnt have any complications. I went in to my 37week check up and there was fetal distress, so I had an emergency c-section the next day(it would of been that day but the LD was full) when I had my dd I wasn't allowed to see her b/c they took her straight to the NICU. 4hrs after my c-section I forced myself up to go and see my dd for the first time. She was hooked up to many wires she was also under a heater(icubater?) it was the hardest thing to see your first child like that. I cried as I held her for the first time. within 2 days she was off of the feeding tube and I was allowed to breastfeed her. I went home on the 3rd day, but I was at the NICU every 2-3 hours to breastfeed her (even at night. I didnt not want them to bottle feed her my milk, I wanted that bond) after a week in the NICU and many times the dr's telling me she was going to go home but something ended up happening, she was finally able to leave.

When I brought her home I didnt sleep for a few days b/c I was too scared something might happen to her while I was sleeping. She ended up being fine and now she is a thriving 4 year old

=)

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I am praying that this baby will be much easier..I am 24weeks

Schizomom91
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM
My water was broken for 15hrs and I wasnt dilating... The baby was running out of fluid, so we had an emergency c-sec
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Hmm, which one would you like? I've got 4! And yet I'm crazy enough to do it again.

My first was a blur. My water broke first and I went in right away ( don't do this, hospitals are really boring and uncomfortable). I was immediately put in a bed and monitored and not allowed to get up ( don't let them tell you you can't get up and move around, I just didn't know better). Then I was subjected to cervix checks with a speculum ( no other nurse or doc with any other labor used a speculum, I think this chick just didn't know what she was doing)
I got yelled at for being in pain and saying "it hurts" over and over. I was told it would only get worse. ( it didn't I went from 0-10 on the pain scale within an hour of being there and it stayed a 10 until she was born). I got some Demerol but it was horrible and didn't help the pain. I LOVED pushing, it felt so good compared to the rest. I felt like I was so close to being done. She was born in about 5 pushes. Oh and they didn't catch her and she nearly fell off the bed. :(. I got a really bad infection after she was born too, probably from all the checking they did. This was my worst birth, I learned a lot from it and all my others have been much better.

My second was pretty uneventful. My water broke first but I stayed at home for about 3 hours and went in when contractions were 5 minutes apart. The nurses had me up and walking, drinking lots and lots of water and going to the bathroom a lot. Dh and I watched South Park the movie on the hospital tv and cracked jokes between contractions. I wasn't in nearly as much pain as my first because of all the movement and laughing. When she was coming out her cord was wrapped several times and the ob couldn't get it off so she could be born all the way. I guess her cord was short? So she cut her cord when only her head was out. She was born breathing but blue so they gave her oxygen and she had trouble holding her temps so she was on a warmer too. She nursed like a champ and was only out of my arms for about a half hour while they made sure she was ok. No tearing, no infections after her birth ;).

The rest were much the same. My third got her shoulder stuck on a lip of my cervix and tore it a little. That wasn't pleasant but it wasn't the end of the world. With my 4th I stayed at home until an hour before he was born.

wantinababygirl
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM
All three of mine were inductions, the first, I was 41 weeks & 18 years old. They incerted cervadil at about 7am on jan 7th. It started so contractions, nothing real major. I roaled on a ball. Didn't help much. At about 10 that night they gave me something to help me sleep. The next morning, at 6, they started the pit drip & it was balls to the walls after that, lol! They broke my water at 8am & ,my little Zachary Alexander was born at 10:05 that morning, weighing in at 8lbs 6oz 21ins. No epi. He is now 11yo. My second,I was 41 weeks also. I had to be there at 7am. They started the pit drip right away. I hit 4 cm & begged for the epi, which took 3 trys to get right, & felt much better. I don't remember much after that but I do remember that I started pushing at about 4pm but he got stuck, they had to break his collarbone to get him out. My little Coby Wayne was born at 4:47 pm march 17th weighing in at 8lbs 14oz 21ins. He is now 5yo. My third, I was 39 weeks & they induced me.because he was measuring 2 & a half ahead & neither my dt. or I wanted what happened last time to happen again. So we had to be there at 8am & they incerted the citiotec as soon as I got in there. Contractions started soon after & I began walking to get things to progress & to help him come down more. I was in & out of the tub since my plan was to have a waterbirth. The contractions were getting more regular & more intense, by 5cm at about 9pm, they broke my water wich was hilarious because the dr. forgot to cover the bed & I had to use the restroom so when I got up, it went everywhere! Lol! So I got in the shower.& enjoyed that immensely for a while. Then I got back into the tub & labored there & the contractions got a lot more intense so I asked.for something to ease the pain but I guess the nurse heard me when I said I felt like a coward, because I didn't want to have any pain meds at all, because she didn't give me pain meds, she gave me something to relax me & I slept in the tub for about an hour. Then they got real bad & she checked me. At this point they're back to back. I was at 9 & a little bit so I got out of the tub to the bed so she could push the little bit out of the way. THAT HURT!!! The dr. came in it was time to push. I push for about 20 or 30 mins & my little Luka Ray was born at 1:58am weighing in at 9lbs & 20ins. He is now 3 mons old & over 20lbs. I never did get my waterbirth. No epi with Luka either.
wantinababygirl
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Luka was born on March 8th btw

Quoting wantinababygirl:

All three of mine were inductions, the first, I was 41 weeks & 18 years old. They incerted cervadil at about 7am on jan 7th. It started so contractions, nothing real major. I roaled on a ball. Didn't help much. At about 10 that night they gave me something to help me sleep. The next morning, at 6, they started the pit drip & it was balls to the walls after that, lol! They broke my water at 8am & ,my little Zachary Alexander was born at 10:05 that morning, weighing in at 8lbs 6oz 21ins. No epi. He is now 11yo. My second,I was 41 weeks also. I had to be there at 7am. They started the pit drip right away. I hit 4 cm & begged for the epi, which took 3 trys to get right, & felt much better. I don't remember much after that but I do remember that I started pushing at about 4pm but he got stuck, they had to break his collarbone to get him out. My little Coby Wayne was born at 4:47 pm march 17th weighing in at 8lbs 14oz 21ins. He is now 5yo. My third, I was 39 weeks & they induced me.because he was measuring 2 & a half ahead & neither my dt. or I wanted what happened last time to happen again. So we had to be there at 8am & they incerted the citiotec as soon as I got in there. Contractions started soon after & I began walking to get things to progress & to help him come down more. I was in & out of the tub since my plan was to have a waterbirth. The contractions were getting more regular & more intense, by 5cm at about 9pm, they broke my water wich was hilarious because the dr. forgot to cover the bed & I had to use the restroom so when I got up, it went everywhere! Lol! So I got in the shower.& enjoyed that immensely for a while. Then I got back into the tub & labored there & the contractions got a lot more intense so I asked.for something to ease the pain but I guess the nurse heard me when I said I felt like a coward, because I didn't want to have any pain meds at all, because she didn't give me pain meds, she gave me something to relax me & I slept in the tub for about an hour. Then they got real bad & she checked me. At this point they're back to back. I was at 9 & a little bit so I got out of the tub to the bed so she could push the little bit out of the way. THAT HURT!!! The dr. came in it was time to push. I push for about 20 or 30 mins & my little Luka Ray was born at 1:58am weighing in at 9lbs & 20ins. He is now 3 mons old & over 20lbs. I never did get my waterbirth. No epi with Luka either.

connorsmama06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Everyone has different brth experiences. I have three compleatly different ones.

my first was born at 38 weeks. I was induced due to pre e and he stopped growing. They broke my water. I had him in 9 hours. It was so wonderful that I said I would do ths all over again. I only pushed for a little over an hour.

my second was bad. I went into labor at 38 weeks. After only a few hours of labor I was at 10. He got stuck. He was looking up. So my doctor sat me start up for a few hours. Well it did not work. So he ened up reaching in and pulling him out. I felt like a potato chip bag. He does not like c sections unless compleatly nesisary. I had him in 26 hours.

my third I had her in 3 hours. 1 min of pushing 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)