Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Woke up to a bit of a surprise this morning! Pic

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

My belly was gone!!! Not completely but man a BIG difference! I thought it was my imagination, I was able to get out of bed easier, and bend over easier. So when I got up I walked in front of the mirror and I noticed the bottom of my belly was flabby (where it had been firm) so I asked Hubby. He said he could really see a difference. So I measured my belly...I was measuring 33cm on Monday and as of today I am measuring about 29 cm. So lastly I took a pic.....what do you think???

Baby is still in the same position, so the only thing I can figure is he or she engaged. I noticed more pelvic and bladder pressure yesterday. And Monday baby's head was above my pubic bone but it feels much lower now. I am wondering if it had anything to do with the Cinnamomum I started Tuesday morning. It is supposed to help move my low-lying placenta up. I am curious if something moved enough that the baby engaged! Its very odd. But I literally feel like if I reach into my vaginal opening I may be able to feel baby's head, it just feels that low!!

Anyone else notice such a huge difference so early on? I remember something along these lines with one of my other pregnancies (can't remember which)!

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ronda.darlene
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was pregnant, I remember waking up one day and my stomach had dropped. It was sudden and unexpected but, yeah, I felt the same way, like his head was right about to come out. Congrats

sm12
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM

How far along are you?  I've heard that when baby drops into the birth canal then you are very close to the end.  The other sign which I can see in your pic is if you can place your hand flat (palm facing down? on your belly under your bust and the further the gap is the closer you are to the end.  If you are close to your EDD then good luck!

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Oh no no! I am only 24 wks (week 25 starts tomorrow) My orginal DD is Oct 10th, my 19 wk u/s moved my DD to the 5th! I normally go 2-3 wks early! BUT NOT THIS EARLY!!! LOL. Baby was really high which is why my midwife believes I was measuring SOOO far ahead (33wks) I had something similar happen with my last baby, I think I dropped around 32 wks. Baby is just preparing a little early LOL!!!

Quoting sm12:

How far along are you?  I've heard that when baby drops into the birth canal then you are very close to the end.  The other sign which I can see in your pic is if you can place your hand flat (palm facing down? on your belly under your bust and the further the gap is the closer you are to the end.  If you are close to your EDD then good luck!

Lsilvamom
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Yeah there is a difference. I notice every now and again a small difference when she moves I guess. 

What's that medicine you talk about? For your low lying placenta? I found out last week I have that and they're going to take a look again at 28 weeks so in 5 weeks if it moves up. But they didn't say anything about a med that can help it. Wonder if I can ask for it if it doesn't move up. Want to prevent a c section at all costs!

brittany208
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

woah

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I took a picture very similar to this a couple weeks ago. 

Not as big of a difference as yours, but still noticeable. 

I'd imagine it's pretty common and can happen at any time really.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Do you have placenta previa or just a low lying placenta?? Either way this med may be worth a try (its a natural remedy) Cinnamomum! But you dont have to have a c-section if its just low lying, so do your research and refuse if you want. My Midwife is gonna do another u/s at 32 wks to check it, I asked her why and she said because it can cause extra bleeding and they like to be aware. And thta it would give me an option to deliver in a hospital if I so chose. I still wont however! But yea do some research, if its not a previa you dont need a c-section!

Quoting Lsilvamom:

Yeah there is a difference. I notice every now and again a small difference when she moves I guess. 

What's that medicine you talk about? For your low lying placenta? I found out last week I have that and they're going to take a look again at 28 weeks so in 5 weeks if it moves up. But they didn't say anything about a med that can help it. Wonder if I can ask for it if it doesn't move up. Want to prevent a c section at all costs!

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Yea I remember it happening with one of my other pregnancies around 32 wks I think. Baby dropped then over the last few weeks rose a little, and then dropped again before delivery. I expect that is what will happen again! Its still interesting, and slightly alarming when you first notice. Nothing I am concerned about though! Just interesting!

Quoting mrssummerlin:

I took a picture very similar to this a couple weeks ago. 

Not as big of a difference as yours, but still noticeable. 

I'd imagine it's pretty common and can happen at any time really.

steelcage
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I never had this happen with my kids...interesting. 

sm12
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I'm sure it is nothing. Not that I think of my first pregnancy i never dropped but then it could have been that around 28 weeks baby had already been head down lying very low.  Good Luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)