Kanye West and Kim KardashianThe wait is over! After much speculation, wrong information, and sleepless nights of anticipation from fans, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's baby name has been revealed.

TMZ reported they had it on a birth certificate from Cedars-Sinai hospital earlier this evening, and I was still skeptical that it could be a rumor. Now, however, People says they haveconfirmed the official name for the baby girl. It's not what we expected either. In fact, it's taken a whole new direction from what most people thought it would (hint, hint). 

It's North. North West. According to Us Weekly, there's no middle name. We'd heard it thrown about before as a name that Kanye liked, but Kim denied those rumors. She also said she wasn't crazy about it. She told Jay Leno in March, "I do like Easton, Easton West."

But it's not Easton. Nor is it Kaidance Donda West as previously reported, or anything starting with a "K". It's North West. I can't stop saying it. 

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. It's unique that's for sure, and it's kind of cool in a weird way, I suppose. It's definitely easy to spell, doesn't rhyme with anything too incriminating, and "Nori" is a cool nickname. So that's all good.  I'm not 100 percent sold, but I don't hate it. Regardless, we better all get used to it though because we're going to be hearing it everywhere. Everywhere -- north, south, east, west, and everywhere in between.

Welcome little North. We can't wait to meet you.

What do you think of the name "North" for Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's baby?

Image via Alexis/Flickr