Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

The lesser of two evils

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 40 Replies
If you only had two choices, c-section or induction with cytotec, which would you choose and why? This is just a hypothetical question out of curiosity.
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM

If baby NEEDED to be born and those were the options, I would opt for the cesarean. 

bad_mama2011
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:15 PM
And why is that?

Quoting Pandapanda:

If baby NEEDED to be born and those were the options, I would opt for the cesarean. 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

The risks of cytotec are never, ever worth it imo. If baby needed to come and those were the options, a cesarean is the less deadly choice for both mother and baby.

Quoting bad_mama2011:

And why is that?

Quoting Pandapanda:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Induction. 

I'm a wuss when it comes to pain. And I've already been cut open enough in my life.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM
It wouldn't go with either. But hypothetically I would do the induction, atleast I might be able to have a relatively normal vaginal delivery!
3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Um if I have time for induction I have time for a diffrent method...if it's life or death right now then they shouldn't be messing with induction and should just get baby out.

bad_mama2011
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:44 AM
This is just a hypothetical question and those are your only two options, you can take the risks that come with induction or c-section.

Quoting 3kidz123:

Um if I have time for induction I have time for a diffrent method...if it's life or death right now then they shouldn't be messing with induction and should just get baby out.

bad_mama2011
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:47 AM
If you can't tolerate pain, then induction isn't for you either, I was induced with cytotec and it was the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Induction. 

I'm a wuss when it comes to pain. And I've already been cut open enough in my life.

MarShy740
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Id probably opt out of s cesarean.
bad_mama2011
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:51 AM
I was induced with cytotec and almost had to have an emergency c-section, so that's a risk factor, you may end up with a c-section anyway, or worse...

Quoting NoraDun:

It wouldn't go with either. But hypothetically I would do the induction, atleast I might be able to have a relatively normal vaginal delivery!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)