Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Chances of pregnancy right before expected period

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:32 AM
  • 6 Replies
Ok so I had unprotected sex on the 14th of June because my period was supposed to start the 16th. I am usually very regular so figured I would not be ovulating. Today is the 22nd & I'm 5-6 days late. Could I of got pregnant a day or two before my expected period? Pretty sure it's too early to test but don't know why else I would be this late if I am so regular.
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mittenmommie
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:18 AM
If you ovulated late, yes. Take a test
MamaNurse199
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:32 AM
If you are already 5 days late then you can def take a hpt. It's hard to say if poss pregnancy would be from having sex a week ago though.
rjmac88
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Of course! The sex that got me pregnant I had the day after my period ended
Hopefully3306
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Well I took a test yesterday & it was a negative. Kinda got my hopes a little down but still no period. I have never missed a period I am that regular lol & this is our first time TTC. I wouldn't say I'm stressed or doing anything either. Probably should test again in a week or two
lifeforchrist
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:27 PM

unless you confirmednyou ovulated then yes! You need to watch the entire cycle not just 'rely' on what it has been like, that's how people get pregnant. You should read taking charge of your fertility and learn what ovulation looks like

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Did you have "protected" sex any time before that, because its very possible your "protection" failed as the only thing 100% is abstinance. If your regular then a test would be accurate at 5-6 days late. Take a test!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN