Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is it normal for first time, single moms to be so nervous about having thier first child and being alone?

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am having my little girl in august. I am so happy to have her and she moves around so much. The part that scares me is that my husband and I are going through a divorce (He wants it) and Im just getting really nervous as the due date is coming closer and closer. I know I am going to be an awesome mom. I have a lot of sisters and a lot of nieces and nephews....I guess its just all a little overwhelming right now. I cant wait to have my little miracle and I know I am going to be a great mommy, but financially, my husband shut off our joint bank account, left me with nothing. So needless to say, I am at my parents house living now and I have to start all over on everything. I mean, he wont even talk to me. Enough about him though, its all about my daughter and I now. I know this is just a bump in my life and My daughter and I will get through it. I am a strong person, dont mistake that when you are reading this......I have three more classes to do in college before I get my associates....Its just....this whole divorce caught me so off quard. I never seen it coming and I'm just trying to fight my way through this all and stay strong for me and my daughter.

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NatyRod
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Wow.. So sorry u have to go through this, let alone at this specific point in ur life. I'm not in ur situation, but I would be just as scared. My advice is to finish school so that u and ur little girl have a successful and prosperous future. U are a strong woman and in its due time things will be just fine. The best of luck to u and ur little one. :)
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I'm sorry! Those are normal feelings, but I think your situation is amplifying the anxiety you're feeling. *big hugs*

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Wow what a douche bag! I'm sorry:-( Just do your best and you can't go wrong! Also file child support and see if you can get alimony. No judge in their right mind wouldn't side with you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mariah-1987
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Yes, it completley normal. This is my 3rd and my husband and will be getting a divorce after this. I was 3 months pregnant when he went back to prison and that's when enough was enough. You just have to look out for that little one.
Britt2015
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM

yeah, I know.  My anxiety is very bad. I will wake up in the middle of the night and just want to cry. I keep asking myself how and when it all went wrong. I was always faithful to him, He just got back from war and I waited for him for almost a year. Now, He just ends it? I cant even believe it. He tells me "Its like the baby is all that your mind can comprehend." And always has been rude to me ever since we married (which was after he got back home for good.) And then I find out hes also on a dating site. And we are not even legally seperated! I mean, come on. Our child is due in about 9 weeks and he throws this all on me.....He doesnt talk to me, but when he  does throw out the very very random text message to me its just about how he has a lawyer for the custody and for the divorce.

You know whats screwed up though? I left him everything. Im not making him sell the house (He never put my name on it anyways when he got back) and I only went to the house to grab my stuff. Hell, I even left him half of the bridal shower gifts in the kitchen. I left him some pictures on the wall and everything just because I was trying to be nice. I was thinking at the time "Hey,  Maybe we can still fix this. Maybe there is still some ounce of hope." (He also has PTSD, so I kept thinking we could fix it in time.)

But no, when he texts me (once again, very randomly, like once a month) He will just tell me about how how has a lawyer and to basically get ready for whats coming. I have very little money for a lawyer, like i said this all caught me off guard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)