Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Breastfeeding

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 65 Replies

Will any of you ladies be breastfeeding? Have you breastfeed in the past? Did you pump? What pump did you like best?

baby development pregnancy calendar

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I am bf'ing my 5 month old.  I tried with my first child and it didn't work out for us.  The support wasn't there and I didn't know nearly enough.  

I love bf'ing.  My doula told me it would take 3 months for me to really love it and she was pretty close.  

My insurance company provided me with a pump, a Medela Pump N Style Advanced.  It works wonderfully.  

If bf'ing is something you want to do, I encourage you to join the bfing group on cm.  They are a wealth of information that you will want before starting to nurse (if you haven't before).  

SHOE_DIVA
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Thank-you! I do plan on breastfeeding. I have a breastfeeding class in August. I hope they can give me some information on pumping.

Quoting anxiousschk:

I am bf'ing my 5 month old.  I tried with my first child and it didn't work out for us.  The support wasn't there and I didn't know nearly enough.  

I love bf'ing.  My doula told me it would take 3 months for me to really love it and she was pretty close.  

My insurance company provided me with a pump, a Medela Pump N Style Advanced.  It works wonderfully.  

If bf'ing is something you want to do, I encourage you to join the bfing group on cm.  They are a wealth of information that you will want before starting to nurse (if you haven't before).  

baby development pregnancy calendar

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Absolutely! I'm nursing my 21 month old and I'm 10.6 weeks with #4. I wasn't able to nurse my older two for various reasons.

I pumped for my first two but I hate it. It's time consuming and uncomfortable. I am almost strictly from the tap now. I pumped for my youngest at 4 month because I went on a date with DF, he wouldn't drink from a bottle so it was a waste.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarolinaGirl88
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Yup, and yes I breastfed my daughter when she was a baby. I pumped when I needed to, but that wasn't very often. I used a Medela manual one.
tammy_lynne
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I'm going to try!  

polkaspots
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I only lasted three months with my first due to bad latch and formula, but I'm currently nursing my 16 month old and I'm about 4 months pregnant with baby number 3. I answered in your other post too, and my favorite pump was the lansinoh affinity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I'm still bfing my 3rd, he just turned one.

I bf my first for 8mo & my 2nd for 13mo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I rarely pump, and when I do I have a pump n style.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs_mom906
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I've bf both my kids, and plan to with this baby as well. I had a electric pump with my first, but it wasn't that great. I had the medela hand pump with my second which worked great. I only used when I wasn't going to be around for a while, and needed milk for whoever was watching him. Other than that, I just nursed him.
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I enjoy pumping when I'm full.  DD2 doesn't like to take bottles either, but nothing is wasted.  I simply donate my milk.  

I guess it depends on the person, I don't find 10 min in the morning to be time consuming.  I'm fortunate that my supply is great, so I generally get 10 oz in those 10 min.  

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

I pumped for my first two but I hate it. It's time consuming and uncomfortable. I am almost strictly from the tap now. I pumped for my youngest at 4 month because I went on a date with DF, he wouldn't drink from a bottle so it was a waste.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)