Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can someone give me opinions please

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

So here it goes, I do not remember my last period. All I know is I had what I think was implantion bleeding on May 31st. On June 4th I had my VERY faint positive test and it didn't darker for a few days. Well on June 7th my HCG levels were 385. On June 17th they were 8,000 and something. Well I had a tiny wipe of blood 2 days ago and another wipe the day after. The first ER I went to said my cervix was closed and he seen no more blood. On the next day I went to a different ER and they said my levels were 14,000 which means they should be rising right. They did an ultrasound though and said I was measuring 5 weeks and they only seen a sac and they also said it was misshaped. Told me I was miscarrying and gave me a Rhogam shot.

I haven't really had any cramps or anything and the blood isn't flowing its just a tiny bit. What I am asking is, has this happened to anyone else and had a normal pregnancy? Could I just be to early to see the baby. I know my levels are high so I am just not sure. Please help.

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I haven't had a any experience with this but from what I've heard, as long as the bleeding isn't heavy or accompanied by cramps, it's usually okay. It's normal to only see a sac at 5 weeks. The baby is so tiny at that point it's hard to see anything.

NotTheirMom99
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Blood and no cramps is okay. I never see a HB until 6w3d so a sac at 5 weeks is normal. Also, the US equipment at an ER isn't usually that great. Have you made an OB appt yet?
Sondi7
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM

When I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks, it was period like bleeding and cramping. 

I had an ultrasound at 5 wks with this current pregnancy all there was was a sac. My OB said that was normal. 

I would call your OB Monday and have your levels rechecked and schedule an appointment with her. For now, I would continue on like i was pregnant.

Mommy2babiess
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday. What I am super worried about is that they say the sac is misshapen. It looked round to me but I am no doctor. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM
I'm not sure what that means, but I hope everything is ok.

Quoting Mommy2babiess:

I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday. What I am super worried about is that they say the sac is misshapen. It looked round to me but I am no doctor. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2babiess
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Thank you <3

polkaspots
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Why were you given a rhogam shot?
I went to the ER at the beginning of my last pregnancy because of heavy bleeding, they told me I was having a miscarriage and sent me home. I did not have a miscarriage, instead I had a healthy pregnancy/baby. Don't stress so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2babiess
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I am Rh- and it was for when I "pass the baby" I just am confused. My doctor said they don't know why they told me that because I am having a good rise in my HCG levels. The thing that is concerning is the misshapen gestational sac. 

_kealoha
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:30 AM

5 weeks is still very early. a sac is the only thing they would see. i wouldn't count it off as a miscarriage until you have very painful cramps with bleeding. your levels are still rising so that's good

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Sometimes very high hcg levels can be caused by a molar pregnancy. You could also be earlier than you think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)