Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy Unmentionables? What didn't you know or expect?? Possibly TMI

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • 58 Replies

What are some of those pregnancy unmentionables? Some of those things no one really talks about, that you really didn't expect, but found out quickly was an unwanted accompany to pregnancy?? Maybe hemmroids, vaginal swelling, nipple leakage, gas, lose of bladder control, etc?

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

My WARNING TMI EXTREME:

My unmentionable pregnancy caused issue is vaginal swelling. Out of four pregnancies this is the first I have ever had this issue to this extreme. Again EXTREME TMI warning!!!

My entire vaginal area is swollen and dark purple almost black looking (not attractive at all....if its even possible for that part of the body to really be attractive HAHA) Along with being so swollen, it also is extremely dry. Which leads to constant splits or scratches in that area. Which DOESN'T feel good at all! And occasionally they will bleed terribly! Sex is amazing but the repercussions are dreaded. For a few hours I just throb down there. I can barely walk, EVERYthing is even more swollen, tender, etc.

No one EVER mentioned a swollen, ugly, dry vagina HAHA. I mean seriously, that would of been a nice thing to mention prior to pregnancy. But then again if that is the worst thing I have to complain about I guess I should be happy and thankful!!

Suggestions for other women who may have this problem :

Sitz baths, Soaking in epsom salt, water-based lube during sex, and witch hazel on a pad frozen to wear. ESPEICALLY after sex. It works wonders.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Another unmentionable is the bad breath! With each of my pregnancies from the moment I woke til the time I went to sleep I struggled with a horrible taste in my mouth and bad breath. It made me have the urge to brush my teeth 4-6 times a day! Also chewing gum was helpful!!

MalloryR
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
My very first pregnancy symptom that luckily hasn't stuck with me through the whole thing was...the walking farts. I seriously could barely move because I was so scared I would pass gas! I am so happy that ship has sailed.
polkaspots
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Rinsing and brushing with baking soda helps me with that. When I had morning sickness the taste of my own mouth would make me sick and I simply stopped using toothpaste and just used baking soda. Bonus: my teeth got whiter too.

Quoting NoraDun:

Another unmentionable is the bad breath! With each of my pregnancies from the moment I woke til the time I went to sleep I struggled with a horrible taste in my mouth and bad breath. It made me have the urge to brush my teeth 4-6 times a day! Also chewing gum was helpful!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM

HAHA!!! Had you ever heard of that before??? Were you shocked it was one of your symptoms??

Quoting MalloryR:

My very first pregnancy symptom that luckily hasn't stuck with me through the whole thing was...the walking farts. I seriously could barely move because I was so scared I would pass gas! I am so happy that ship has sailed.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Oh WOW, great advice!! Luckily normally once I get passed the 1st trimester it normally eased! But I do still have the issue occasionally!! So I will definitely try this out!! (And the whitening is a bonus LOL I could always use that)

Quoting polkaspots:

Rinsing and brushing with baking soda helps me with that. When I had morning sickness the taste of my own mouth would make me sick and I simply stopped using toothpaste and just used baking soda. Bonus: my teeth got whiter too.

Quoting NoraDun:

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I was shocked that towards the end I could literally pee every 15 minutes. Ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalloryR
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Lol, I knew gassiness was a symptom, but not like that! It was very, very bad.

Quoting NoraDun:

HAHA!!! Had you ever heard of that before??? Were you shocked it was one of your symptoms??

Quoting MalloryR:

polkaspots
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
It's cheap too. Worst case scenario it doesn't work and you lose out on a dollar, and that's assuming you had to buy baking soda because you didn't have any in the house:)

Quoting NoraDun:

Oh WOW, great advice!! Luckily normally once I get passed the 1st trimester it normally eased! But I do still have the issue occasionally!! So I will definitely try this out!! (And the whitening is a bonus LOL I could always use that)

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting NoraDun:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

HAHA how about how many times a night you could get up to pee?? Or one of my BIGGEST GRRRRs is when I feel like I have the biggest fullest bladder ever and then I get up walk ALL the way into the bathroom to barely trickle!!! SUCH a disappointment LOL

Quoting kmqw229:

I was shocked that towards the end I could literally pee every 15 minutes. Ugh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)