Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Placental Abruption =/

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 17 Replies

So My dr told me I was at high risk for this and I was wondering if any women had this and there babies came out okay?

I am 25weeks and the thought of early labor scares me even more with Placental abruption, b/c my son might get hurt from it...

any advice or women with experiences woud be gret to hear right now...i am so depressed. Not only do i hve GD now I have this =/

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgmmw
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry your dealing with this. I had a partial previa but it moved up. I really don't know anything about placenta abruption
deloit
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM
i had my dd at 34 weeks bc of placental abruption. My water broke and contractions really hurt. The dr told me if i hadnt have made it to the hospital when i did that i probaly would have lost her and possibly died myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM

when did you find out you had it?

Quoting deloit:

i had my dd at 34 weeks bc of placental abruption. My water broke and contractions really hurt. The dr told me if i hadnt have made it to the hospital when i did that i probaly would have lost her and possibly died myself.

rjmac88
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I had a friend who had a placental abruption and they sent her home to wait for labor to start.
SHOE_DIVA
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I had it and they gave me an emergency c-section at 36 weeks. I didn't even know what was wrong I went to the hospital for severe pain they sent me home saying I was in labor. The next day it was worse and I couldn't feel my son anymore. Everything turned out good He is a healthy 8 yr old now!! I'm sorry you have to deal with that I know it's scary!! Try not to stress.
trin123
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM

They can know this at 25 weeks? My doctor told me this wasnt a issue until after 30 weeks. I would get a second opinion. Personal opinion of course.

Edit: Well after 30 weeks.

CafeMom Tickers
Nee86
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Quoting trin123:

They can know this at 25 weeks? My doctor told me this wasnt a issue until after 30 weeks. I would get a second opinion. Personal opinion of course.

It can happen any time after 20 weeks for a number of reasons. I had one at 23 weeks.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Why are they saying you're at risk for it? GL!

trin123
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I would still get a second opinion. Maybe I was thinking about something else. In my opinion you should always get a second opinion.

Quoting Nee86:

Quoting trin123:

It can happen any time after 20 weeks for a number of reasons. I had one at 23 weeks.

CafeMom Tickers
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:22 PM

my blood pressure

Quoting Devious103102:

Why are they saying you're at risk for it? GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)