Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

is it normal?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:05 AM
  • 7 Replies
Ok, the father is much more excited than me about the baby, is that normal? I always thought women were more excited than men
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Candie1015
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:16 AM

No not all the time I promise. I was more excited with our first kid and he is more excited with this one then me. I feel like we were more stable with our first and he feels the opposite.  Just because you are not as excited about the baby does not mean you will love yalls baby any more or any less then him. Also think how there are a lot of single dads out there...... it would be because a lot of moms didn't care at all and just gave their baby up and everything.... or the parents split up. Same with visa versa

TeenMommyAt16
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks that makes me feel a lil better

Quoting Candie1015:

No not all the time I promise. I was more excited with our first kid and he is more excited with this one then me. I feel like we were more stable with our first and he feels the opposite.  Just because you are not as excited about the baby does not mean you will love yalls baby any more or any less then him. Also think how there are a lot of single dads out there...... it would be because a lot of moms didn't care at all and just gave their baby up and everything.... or the parents split up. Same with visa versa

rjmac88
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM
It's normal. My husband has been through the roof about this baby since day 1. I am 8 months and just starting to come around...
NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Are you 16? Is he? I think normal would be to feel terrified and like you are losing freedom, a childhood, typical teen events. I don't think excited is normal at all for either of you.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM
It's normal for some. Once that baby is in your arms you'll be overwhelmed by love :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:41 PM

It can be

TeenMommyAt16
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Ill b 16 n a week n he's 17, but he says he scared but excited at the same time, he says he knows we can do it, n I just don't know if I can

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Are you 16? Is he? I think normal would be to feel terrified and like you are losing freedom, a childhood, typical teen events. I don't think excited is normal at all for either of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)