Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

My OB team is great, the office assistants suck

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 19 Replies

I've been having some issues with this pregnancy. I am worried that my EDD is off by three weeks. My calculations say I am 36 weeks, theirs say 33 weeks. Dr says this is fine, still within safe range. I'm okay with this. But I've had some serious pains, Symphysis Pubis Dysfuntions and landed in the ER twice because of it. When I call the Dr office they always say go to ER. What I really want is my Dr to do another ultrasound to check my amniotic fluid, baby size and position. I know darn well how amniotic fluid is measured and when I called this morning the ladies both said that an ultrasound doesn't check amniotic fluid. I'm worried about this because I can feel LO pressing against my pubic bone, it feels like she's trying exit via my hip. I am worried because I occasionally (6-8 times a day) feel a small amount of liquid squiritng out after I sit down. I am not sure if it is fluid or urine, but it is clear, has no scent and I even checked a pair of panties afterwards and it dries clear and odorless. I am just plain worried. I feel like the ladies at the office do not care about my anxiety, no one knows my body like me and Dr team and they are his gatekeepers and are more careful of guarding his time than bodyguards!

Thanks for reading my rant.

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids732
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I would call and ask to speak to a dr/obgyn... The office I go to will have a nurse or obgyn call you back... They are pretty awesome... good luck sweetie... <3

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:42 AM
bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Call back. 

I won't even meet an OB until it's time to gvie birth

Momof2girls1110
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Can you go to labor and delivery?

mmr520
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Thats pretty much what the office ladies say everytime I call and wish to see the DR. Every visit begins at the ER. I've been twice and all they do is NST which is great, but doesn't tell me size, posiiton and amount of fluid inside. It is reassuring that everytime LO is doing fine, but I am still anxious about her size and position etc. I do have a Friday apt with DR, but didn't want to wait. I am now just monitoring my LO movements etc to make sure all is well, I am just one anxious mommy.

Quoting Momof2girls1110:

Can you go to labor and delivery?

Larsbug
by Laura on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:42 PM

sounds like my doc's office... her office staff is horrid but my doc and her team are great. I just make myself a complete annoyance until the send me to my doc's nurse lol

pacificamom
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Quoting Autumn19:

bump.
CafeMom Tickers
MamaSarah1104
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I would call and ask to speak to a nurse or dr. The staff isn't qualified to answer your questions. Don't even tell them your problem, just call and ask to speak with the nurse.
sparklebug86
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

hmmm I have the same pain you are referring to and my water is low and it was detected at my last appt via a sono. My belly always measures right on (which is one way to check) but the sono said differently. 

I also have the same liquid issue and it dries clear etc but, its just watery discharge for me (or so they say). 

I hope you get some answers though, I know thats frustrating!

lillucky8
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I would call and get a nurse or doc. You can have a ph test to see if the liquid you are feeling is fluid or discharge. And you can speak with your ob directly about the ultrasound. They shouldnt refuse you an ultrasound. Cry if you have to. Say you are worried and cry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)