Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know she'll come in her own good time but....Vent!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:39 AM
  • 14 Replies
Pregnant with my first baby, and today is exactly 39 weeks, 2 days. I know that many first time moms can easily go to 41 or even 42 weeks. However, with my gb my doctor has concerns. She said due if baby girl isn't here by Monday she will have to refer me to another hospital since my current one does not have the capabilities to induce if needed or perform csections if needed. I know it's not the end of the world, but because I am so far along the other ob's won't accept me, so I would have to get on a short plane ride to another town...again not the end of the world but a pain. I am just getting frustrated because I don't know how to plan for baby girl since I don't know whether I'll be home or in another place, plus my hubby would have to take more time off to go with me, find someone to watch my dogs/house....Just frustrated! and I know it must be the pregnancy hormones but I'm struggling not to cry about it...
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
To_the_moon
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Let yourself cry hun. It may seem foolish but hey who cares? If you need to cry then cry. My dd was exactly a week late and I cried every morning I woke up and saw I still had a huge pregnant belly. I was so uncomfortable and I didn't want them to induce me. But she ended up coming out on her own. It'll be over sooner than you think, I know it doesn't feel like it and that isn't something you want to hear but it's true. So cry if you need to it's a great stress reliever and then put a hand on your belly and smile because you'll soon meet your beautiful daughter.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
HopeRegardless
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Quoting To_the_moon:

Let yourself cry hun. It may seem foolish but hey who cares? If you need to cry then cry. My dd was exactly a week late and I cried every morning I woke up and saw I still had a huge pregnant belly. I was so uncomfortable and I didn't want them to induce me. But she ended up coming out on her own. It'll be over sooner than you think, I know it doesn't feel like it and that isn't something you want to hear but it's true. So cry if you need to it's a great stress reliever and then put a hand on your belly and smile because you'll soon meet your beautiful daughter.

Thank you! I really am so excited, just so frustrated with things being out of my control...
wolfybaby
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM

dont accept the inducement. they cant force you to go to another hospital and get induced. its your pregnancy. you do what you feel is right. my doctor tried telling me i was at risk for pre-ecamplsyia because of *one* slightly elevated reading..because she took the reading during a contractions..in the middle of summer!
so after that, she kept throwing around that she wanted to induce me asap, starting at 38 weeks. i was baffled. she wanted to induce on my due date, even though she knows good and well that is a wide estimate. i refused. i went into labor the day before she wouldve had me induced. absolutely no problems. i didnt have "pre-eclapmsyia" or anything wrong with me.

i think she was being paranoid and rushing since my cervix was "soooo ready" at 37 weeks. so, what? baby wasnt ready, obviously! 

tammy_lynne
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I had my first the day I was 42 weeks... It was the longest two weeks ever, but worth it in the end. They tried to induce me at 41 weeks, and it did nothing. The baby just isn't ready, unless something is wrong, I would wait.  

ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM
... well... I do agree witb not Wanting an induction or c sec... but that'd make me super nervous to be at a hospital that couldn't even care for you in an emergency! Id almost wat the other hospital just for piece of mind.

Question though... will you even be allowed on a plane? Lol just curious
New.OrleansLady
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Where are you located?

HopeRegardless
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Quoting wolfybaby:

dont accept the inducement. they cant force you to go to another hospital and get induced. its your pregnancy. you do what you feel is right. my doctor tried telling me i was at risk for pre-ecamplsyia because of *one* slightly elevated reading..because she took the reading during a contractions..in the middle of summer!
so after that, she kept throwing around that she wanted to induce me asap, starting at 38 weeks. i was baffled. she wanted to induce on my due date, even though she knows good and well that is a wide estimate. i refused. i went into labor the day before she wouldve had me induced. absolutely no problems. i didnt have "pre-eclapmsyia" or anything wrong with me.

i think she was being paranoid and rushing since my cervix was "soooo ready" at 37 weeks. so, what? baby wasnt ready, obviously! 

My ob didn't say they would force inducement, but she doesn't feel comfortable to continue seeing me at my current hospital since they do not have the capabilities to do induction or csections if they became necessary. So if something happened they would have to medivac me to the bigger town anyways. So she said she would prefer to refer me at 40 weeks to the other hospital and I would wait in the other town to have my baby and if something were to go wrong or then I would be in a place that could actually do something about it.
HopeRegardless
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Quoting tammy_lynne:

I had my first the day I was 42 weeks... It was the longest two weeks ever, but worth it in the end. They tried to induce me at 41 weeks, and it did nothing. The baby just isn't ready, unless something is wrong, I would wait.  

Induction isn't the plan at the moment. But current ob says she isn't comfortable continuing to see me at current hospital since they don't have capabilities to deal with induction or csection if it became necessary and with my gestational diabetes they have concerns that baby could be larger and don't want me to go into labor and have a problem and then not have a back up. So she feels it's safer for me to be in the other town in case that were to occur.
HopeRegardless
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

Where are you located?

A little town in Alaska. My doctor is planning to refer me to Anchorage, Alaska at 40 weeks as my current town doesn't have above and beyond capabilities. They basically have the capabilities to stabilize people in emergencies and medivac them to Anchorage. They can do ultrasounds, cts, and consultations but no surgeries or anything like that.
HopeRegardless
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Quoting ajohnson08099:

... well... I do agree witb not Wanting an induction or c sec... but that'd make me super nervous to be at a hospital that couldn't even care for you in an emergency! Id almost wat the other hospital just for piece of mind.

Question though... will you even be allowed on a plane? Lol just curious

I am about at that point, I am willing to go to Anchorage to wait, but my insurance will only pay for part of the travel if my doctor has referred me. To refer she has to have a medical reason, so that reason won't occur till 40 weeks unless something unforseen were to occur. Yes, the two airlines that fly out of here do not have pregnancy plane policies, basically on their websites it states they will not assume responsibility for those who are pregnant and travelling or those with medical conditions that could be worsened by air travel.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured