Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you feel more pain with the second?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM
  • 40 Replies

I have noticed that I am in a lot more pain with this baby. With my son I was very active, and felt great. With this one, it hurts to stand for more than 5 minuets.

I know every pregnancy is different, I was just wondering if "typically" you feel more pain with the second child, and if that carries on to labor and delivery?  

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Just my sciatic nerve and this baby is super active compared to my last.
Chaos1229
by Tasha on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Hmm Im only 9 weeks so I don't know yet but it seems like my symptoms early on were stronger or more noticeable then last time.
tammy_lynne
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

She is WAY more active than my son was too.. and I think I'm having sciatic nerve pain, but every time I bring it up to the doctor they tell me I need more potassium... It doesn't matter how many times I tell them it's not cramping, it's just pain.  

Quoting daydreamer86:

Just my sciatic nerve and this baby is super active compared to my last.

Bhayes1113
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I feel more pain currently than I did with my first. I swear this baby is ready to be born by the amount of weight she puts on my insides. lol. I'm more active this time (mostly due to my first still being a toddler). My baby is a lot more active too. My first would only move around late at night or when he had the hiccups. If he didn't have the hiccups no one but my SO got to feel him move. This one though, moves constantly, I think I'm getting sore from that as well. lol

ilovemykids732
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I am in HORRIBLE pain with this one, but this is my third pregnancy... my second was more painful than the first... Labor with my little guy was easier than my first... I did it with no pain meds or anything... just pushed him right out! :)

Bhayes1113
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Oh yeah I also got/still get morning sickness a lot more than with my son. My whole pregnancy with him I got sick less than 10 times. I have lost count with this one.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I felt the same with both equally crappy but the delivery was quick with baby # 2
tammy_lynne
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I hope this happens with me.. My son was 36 hours of back labor and 2.5 hours of pushing. I would be SOOOOO happy if she didn't give me so much trouble.  

Quoting DACIA79:

I felt the same with both equally crappy but the delivery was quick with baby # 2

tammy_lynne
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I had none with my first. But baby girl made me sick for two weeks.. I had to go to the hospital for fluids because I wasn't keeping anything down.  

Quoting Bhayes1113:

Oh yeah I also got/still get morning sickness a lot more than with my son. My whole pregnancy with him I got sick less than 10 times. I have lost count with this one.

tammy_lynne
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM

The pressure I feel is something that has been bothering me. I feel like I'm going to go into premature labor or something.  

Quoting Bhayes1113:

I feel more pain currently than I did with my first. I swear this baby is ready to be born by the amount of weight she puts on my insides. lol. I'm more active this time (mostly due to my first still being a toddler). My baby is a lot more active too. My first would only move around late at night or when he had the hiccups. If he didn't have the hiccups no one but my SO got to feel him move. This one though, moves constantly, I think I'm getting sore from that as well. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN