Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How'd people react to your baby news afraid no one will be happy about mine

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
This is my fourth pregnancy. My second pregnancy ended with me having a stillborn son. When this baby is due my children will be 7 DD and 2 DS. we were trying for a baby then my husband lost his job. When he lost his job we quit trying about three weeks ago. Two weeks ago I got a positive pregnancy test. Everyone is going to he unhappy because now he's looking for a job and not working yet. And I'm afraid everyone will think we are stupid and irresponsible. My family and his aren't keen on big families anyways and they think anything more than one or two is pointless. They've told us countless times we should just be done since we have a boy and girl. No one gets very excited about babies in my family and will just be mad and eventually give us pity like children are a nuisance or something to them

How did people react about your baby news
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mariah-1987
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM
If you are really worried about the way they will react because he doesn't have a job yet then don't tell them until he goes back to work. And then after you tell them keep a big smile on your face and keep your head up. Enjoy YOUR pregnancy. Its not their's. My situation is a long drawn out story and quite complictaed. The end result is that I have 2 beautiful dds and am expecting my son in 7ish wks. This will be my last baby and after baby their father and I will be getting a divorce. Its not the end of the world hun. Babies are a new begining.
esox
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM

That is so sad that your family is that way. As long as you can find a way to support them, have at it. Finding a job is no easy feat these days. But its not exactly like you knew he was going to lose his job. 

My mother used to beg me to have a baby. The only grandson she has lives 800 miles away. My other sister isnt a baby kind of person at all and I have a few different medical conditions that have said I wont be able to carry a baby. I finally decided that the risks just weren't worth it and considerd my students at school my own children. Then I lost my job too. Having all my kids taken away from me was devistating. So I decided it was time to try, risks or no risks. When I told my mother we were going to try she was less than thrilled thinking that I was going to die instantly.
Now that I'm actually pregnant I'm sure she is going to be beyond thrilled. I plan on getting her reaction to the news on tape. Of course after 2 minutes of excitment it will lead to instant worry and probably she will demand a trip to the dr. with me the very next day. My Dad doesn't typically say much and my bf always makes fun of him for saying "Weell" when he is excited. The rest of my family is HUGE so they will be happy but it wont be a big deal for any of them. There is a baby popping out at least two or three times a year somewhere in the family. 

pregnancy

Rockabella
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I guess I shouldn't care so much about what others think but I've always been that way and its hard for me to shake it. We are going to try to wait until he gets a job to tell them he has a few promising prospects but to them they think you have to be rich to have more than two kids. We aren't broke or anything but not rich just comfortable

Quoting Mariah-1987:

If you are really worried about the way they will react because he doesn't have a job yet then don't tell them until he goes back to work. And then after you tell them keep a big smile on your face and keep your head up. Enjoy YOUR pregnancy. Its not their's. My situation is a long drawn out story and quite complictaed. The end result is that I have 2 beautiful dds and am expecting my son in 7ish wks. This will be my last baby and after baby their father and I will be getting a divorce. Its not the end of the world hun. Babies are a new begining.

Rockabella
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Congrats on your baby mama :)

Quoting esox:

That is so sad that your family is that way. As long as you can find a way to support them, have at it. Finding a job is no easy feat these days. But its not exactly like you knew he was going to lose his job. 

My mother used to beg me to have a baby. The only grandson she has lives 800 miles away. My other sister isnt a baby kind of person at all and I have a few different medical conditions that have said I wont be able to carry a baby. I finally decided that the risks just weren't worth it and considerd my students at school my own children. Then I lost my job too. Having all my kids taken away from me was devistating. So I decided it was time to try, risks or no risks. When I told my mother we were going to try she was less than thrilled thinking that I was going to die instantly.
Now that I'm actually pregnant I'm sure she is going to be beyond thrilled. I plan on getting her reaction to the news on tape. Of course after 2 minutes of excitment it will lead to instant worry and probably she will demand a trip to the dr. with me the very next day. My Dad doesn't typically say much and my bf always makes fun of him for saying "Weell" when he is excited. The rest of my family is HUGE so they will be happy but it wont be a big deal for any of them. There is a baby popping out at least two or three times a year somewhere in the family. 

Larsbug
by Laura on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM

ignore them, if you are happy and hubby is happy then be happy! family support is always nice but there is no reason DH can't find another job and no reason why you can't have another baby. If they don't like it, then that's their problem.

Clemency3
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I am in the same financial boat. We have been struggling our entire marriage to make ends meet and living pay check to pay check. This will be my 3rd and my other two will be 6 and 9. Thankfully people have been positive and I think they know better than to give me anything but. However, I worried about the same thing but so far have not had any issues. Good luck with yours. 

CafeMom Tickers
pacificamom
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Quoting Larsbug:

ignore them, if you are happy and hubby is happy then be happy! family support is always nice but there is no reason DH can't find another job and no reason why you can't have another baby. If they don't like it, then that's their problem.

CafeMom Tickers
pacificamom
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

congratulations

Rockabella
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this
We are very happy and are telling them by August ill be around 10 or 11 weeks. At least I live far away and don't have to hear it on a daily basis

Quoting Larsbug:

sklw78
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I know I got the same attitude when I was pregnant with my 4th. People looked at me like I had 2 heads.  My uncle asked me if I was tired of having babies yet. Just do what you feel is best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)