Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby wearing mamas

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:33 PM
  • 29 Replies

I used a Moby with my last but someone gave me a sevensling. I have no idea how to use it or anything but if any of you have any feedback feel free to share it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM
i used the moby then the ergo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ERMDK
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I have always used a ring sling, but I don't know if it's the same thing. You can Google it or look on YouTube for video and instructions on how to use it/ wear it.
Koux
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I've never used a seven sling, but I have friends that do. It's similar in use to a Ring Sling, but isn't adjustable. You have to make sure it's correctly sized for your body. Seems like it would have a more limited range of use than other carriers, but if you already have it, it's worth a try! Just make sure you research proper positioning in the sling, it's easy for baby's airways to become blocked if he isn't positioned correctly.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I've never used a sevensling.

I have a pouch sling that I've used with all my newborns and love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM

The Seven slings are very poor quality and not very comfortable. They are good in a pinch if you don't have anything else, but it's very important that the sizing is correct, and their sizes seem to run a little small.

I would go with another wrap, or a ring sling, if you can get one!

mlynnc2
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Find a local baby wearing group in your area. I know on facebook there is a baby wearing international I am sure you can ask them if there is a group in your area!

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda :-) on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM
This! I don't care for 7slings at all. They aren't really compatible with larger babies either and DS1 was nearly 10 lbs at birth, surely DS2 will be the same. I have a boba 3g and ring sling...love them both, but it can get tiring with the the ring sling because all the weight is supported by one shoulder, however it's my favorite for nursing. :-)

Quoting Randi02:

The Seven slings are very poor quality and not very comfortable. They are good in a pinch if you don't have anything else, but it's very important that the sizing is correct, and their sizes seem to run a little small.

I would go with another wrap, or a ring sling, if you can get one!

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM

That's what I used, but I don't know what is called. 

I prefer those, over the kind that look like harnesses.

CelestialSong
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I never could get the hang of using a pouch sling. It needs to be just the right size or it's not going to work.

Randi02
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Those were recalled a few years ago, and you can't get them anymore.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

That's what I used, but I don't know what is called. 

I prefer those, over the kind that look like harnesses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)