Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

:( 17 weeks pregnant heart beat stopped :(

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM
  • 73 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was 17 wks pregnant yesterday and went for my dr appt .. No heart beat anymore and in the ultrasound no movement.. I AM SO SAD!! I have to vaginally deliver the fetus on Friday and the dr says i could be in hospital for up to 3 days :( I did not know people did held their un-living babies, named them, took pictures and had funerals and cremations to save and get feet and hand prints??? Honestly.. im too scared to see my baby and I would not know how to go about everything else :( I know my baby is in heaven and I felt that was enough until I read all this stuff??? I dont know how to do this??
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM

That is so sad.  Im so sorry. :( I'm not sure I would do the whole shebang, but I've never been in that predicament. 

daisybaby91
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I don't have any advice I don't know what I would do :(

But I'm so sorry you have to go through that nobody should have to know what that feels like :( hugs

New.OrleansLady
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Just take it moment by moment. ((hugs)) I can't imagine what you are going through. Just tell them you have no idea what you want because you never imagined you would be faced with this. After you deliever you may feel the need to hold it. Just take it slow

bbysqd
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I am so sorry! I will be thinking of you and your family.
pinkfairy0206
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I'm so sorry! No one can really tell u what u will feel or do when this happens. That's so devastating..
MamaSarah1104
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I think you should do what you feel comfortable with. I personally would probably get the prints done, name the baby, hold the baby and maybe get some pictures taken. I'm not sure about pictures since you were only 17 weeks along, but it might be worth getting it done in case some day you want it.

Hugs. :-(
Wynonnerz
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM
So sorry to hear :( I can't imagine what you're going thru right now
AspensMama1537
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I am so sorry! I think people need to do what helps them grieve. A friend of mine recently lost their twins around 15 weeks or so (I can't remember exactly) they had them cremated. I think it really helped the family. They didnt look at them or get pictures though.

Good luck with your recovery. *hugs*
pacificamom
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:35 PM

im sorry

xixCandyxix
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I am so sorry! To answer some of your questions, I THINK Someone at the hospital will probably come by and talk to you about getting footprints & having the baby cremated or buried. There is someone that comes around & does the newborn photos so I imagine they'd come do the ones for your baby, if you wanted. Personally I think I'd have the baby cremated & when I or my DH pass away (whoever died first) have the ashes buried with us. To save money on the plot & all that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured