Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

when is it ok?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm so anxious to start buying my little one things! But I'm only 3 months! Should I wait a little bit longer to buy anything? when did you buy the first baby stuff?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rjmac88
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
My older kids it was always pretty much immediately. This baby it was around 20 weeks. But that was because we were undecided on adoption or keep
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM
I would wait until around 20- 24 weeks especially if you want to know the gender.

Make your shopping list and do your registry if your going to have a baby shower you don't have to tell anyone about the registry until your ready this way you have time to finalize your list
klear05
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM

We haven't purchased anything quite substantial yet, we're waiting for the reveal of the sex. 

But I've gotten a few things from the freebies like a boppy, nursing cover and a car seat cover. 

AFleming22710
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:44 PM
If you aren't finding out the gender or want to do neutral colors then go ahead and start buying now!

I had all the "big" stuff bought early, around 15 weeks or so. I didn't start buying clothes and blankets until I knew the sex.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:49 PM

The only one of my kids where I bought anything before the 20wk mark was my 4th. After seeing her on a u/s at 10w I went ahead and bought a few things. This time around I haven't (but I also don't need much/anything).

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually wait until I know the gender before I buy much. You could always start by buying a pack of diapers here and there.

babybumpjayy
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Quoting AFleming22710:

If you aren't finding out the gender or want to do neutral colors then go ahead and start buying now!

I had all the "big" stuff bought early, around 15 weeks or so. I didn't start buying clothes and blankets until I knew the sex.

I def wanna start buying things here and there

mammaci
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM
With our kids we go out after the 20 week soon and get a gender outfit! Then start looking from there.
wolfybaby
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM

if this is your first pregnancy or if you have ever had a miscarriage, id wait until the risk of that is gone.

then id start collecting neutral and basic items. ill wait on clothing until i find out the sex. im 9 weeks so far and have only bought a cart cover and a couple neutral winter coats that i couldnt pass up [winter baby!]

lovebugs_mom906
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
The only thing I've bought is diapers, and I'm 12 1/2 weeks. I will wAit until I know gender before getting anything else.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)