Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Varicose veins--pictures

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:05 AM
  • 9 Replies

I have a big nasty one from my last pregnancy but I'm only 10 weeks and getting another one on the same leg!!!  I'd take a stretch  mark over ugly veins any day!!!  I'm kind of freaking out because they are popping up all over my left leg.  

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
alc4evermom
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Bump

czshcecnc
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I have them real bad. All up and down my legs actually. the ones on my upper thighs don't really bother me although they look really bad. Its the ones on my calves that cause me problems but only when pregnant so I wear support hose and they don't bother me. when I'm not pregnant  I don't have to wear the hose because my legs feel fine.    :)

NatyRod
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Wow myfriend, they look very painful :(
I have very few and faint but they hurt alot, I can't imagine how u feel. :/
Suz_and_Ash
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Oh honey, those are NOTHING.  Not fun either way but give me a minute and I will post pics of mine.

Suz_and_Ash
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Suz_and_Ash
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:39 PM

So these pictures do not do these hidous things justice.  The big blob looking thing I got with my first(I was 22) 8 years ago.  The spider vein bunches on my ankle and foot are a lot worse than the pictures show and I got them with this pregnancy.  I am currently 34 weeks.  I highly suggest getting support hose, because you do not want them getting worse.

stfny
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Mobile Photo

I have them too and they hurt if im on my feet too long. They are all the way up and down my left leg. The dr told me to get support hose but its already almost 100° its too hot for hose.
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Oh goodness.. I dont have them, but I heard they are common after pregnancy!

Allinaday
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:18 PM

They are very common during pregnancy and after.  But the difference between these and stretch marks, is that you can get rid of these.  Stretch marks are hard to get rid of once they scar.  You just have to wait till after you're done breast feeding before they'll remove them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)