Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm a hormonal b**** who threw a fit last night over tacos.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 167 Replies
3 moms liked this

Last night I didn't feel very good at all.  My husband was working outside on the tractor and he said he would just go to town and get a box of tacos.  I said that was fine.  He came back and they were all those Doritos Tacos.  I really don't like them, but if I weren't pregnant, I probably would have just eaten them and not said anything about it.  I thought he knew that I didn't like them, but he said he didn't know.  We weren't the only ones there.  His friend and his son were there eating with us too because they were helping my DH.  So I give him the nastiest look and almost throw a fit and said, "I will just go eat noodle soup!"  I stormed out, and when I went inside (they were eating in the office outside) I started crying!!!  Over stupid tacos!!!  He sends me a text that says "Sorry about the tacos.  I thought you would eat them and that's why I got 12.  U seemed mad, and I feel bad because I know that look of mad disappointment on your face, and I got one when you walked out."  I felt like a total piece of trash.  I have never been disappointed in my DH, and I don't want him to ever think that.  I woke up this morning feeling like a total piece of shit.  I sent him a long text apologizing and told him that even though I'm a mean hormonal bitch, I love him, and to please bear with me during this first trimester. I was never this hormonal when I was pregnant with my DD.

Anyone else overreact over something stupid?  Just want validation that it IS the hormones, and I'm not just a bitch!!

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Yes I have. I hate when juices from my food touch my other food and when salad isn't drained out properly so their ends up being like water in the bowl something about it grosses me out and dh is oblivious to it. So one day I freaked because I am like I take consideration when its your food but when its mine its like feed her anything. In retrospect it wasn't that big of a deal but being pregnant it was.lol The moments happen and its not just you :)
dx1066
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I really do feel sorry for DH's, BF's and SO's when we are pregnant.  I don't know how they do it.  Makes me appreciate mine even more.

Quote:

Yes I have. I hate when juices from my food touch my other food and when salad isn't drained out properly so their ends up being like water in the bowl something about it grosses me out and dh is oblivious to it. So one day I freaked because I am like I take consideration when its your food but when its mine its like feed her anything. In retrospect it wasn't that big of a deal but being pregnant it was.lol The moments happen and its not just you :)

griefstrickin
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I threw a nicely cooked and made cheeseburger on the ground once after dh worked so hard to cook it. I cant remember why but I do know I was pregnant! Lol..just remember crying and being upset about something.
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I feel really bad for your Dh and that sounds pretty bitchy. That being said, you don't mess with a pregnant lady's food. I remember crying over food related things, too lol. Time to do something special for him!
dx1066
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I still feel awful!!  I didn't sleep well last night at all!  I was standing in the kitchen crying  last night thinking to myself, "Why am I crying? This is stupid!"  I already told him that we could do whatever he wants this weekend, and that I want to take him to get the new racing helmet he has been wanting.  His birthday is in July, so it can double as an "I'm sorry" and birthday gift.

Quote:

I feel really bad for your Dh and that sounds pretty bitchy. That being said, you don't mess with a pregnant lady's food. I remember crying over food related things, too lol. Time to do something special for him!

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Lol too many times. One of the things I hate most about my pregnancies, I'm an emotional wreck.
dx1066
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I wasn't very emotional with my DD.  I did cry during movies I wouldn't normally cry during, but I was not mean at all.  If anything I was overly joyed because we had tried for 4 years to get pregnant, and we had pretty much given up.  We were a month away from our first in vitro consultation when we got pregnant on our own.  So I was pretty much giddy with her.  This time around, I'm just down right mean.  Maybe it's because I'm so tired, with a one year old running around.

Quote:

Lol too many times. One of the things I hate most about my pregnancies, I'm an emotional wreck.

steffiecox
by Steph on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I threw a fit over chili cheese fries. was my main craving when I was pregnant with baby number two. dh went to get me some and the place he went to messed up the order and have him a small order instead of a large. I got fired up about it.
livingforthem83
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM
4 moms liked this
Don't feel bad, he should have known what you eat and don't eat. I get mad at my husband for bringing me the wrong thing when not pregnant. The way I figure it is I know how you eat stuff and what you eat, why can't I get the same gratitude. Besides you didn't do anything to him but express how you were feeling. I won't send my husband to get me any of my cravings this pregnancy because if I want something I want it right.

My husband and I have a great relationship, but somehow when it comes to food he can't get it right. He says I over complicate things.
MybabyKisses
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol I would have thrown a bigger fit over something like that. Especially if I was already craving tacos! I hate the Doritos ones so I wouldn't have ate them either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)