Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Friends Don't get it!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi my name is Christine. I am 25 years old and am expecting my first baby in December. I live in Philadelphia and grew up in Avalon, NJ. My fiance (getting married in 25 days) and I met through a mutual friend. For fun, I love to perform in musicals. None of my friends are pregnant, married, and barely any engaged. I feel very alone and like no one understands what I am going through...He just graduate his masters and is having trouble finding a job and the stress is really getting to me... I hope to meet some friends who are going through a similar time in life.

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
littlemoments99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Hi! I'm 21 and married. None of my friends are married or engaged. Most aren't even in a serious relationship. That's fine for our age but they never want to do anything or hang out much because I guess I'm boring.
We own a house and have actual responsibilities and bills so we can't go up to the dells or fly to Mexico on the drop of a hat. Not that I would want to anyway. :)
I always feel like I have no one to talk to about how I am feeling. Luckily I love my pregnancy month group on here. :)
shortcake82418
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM

When I was 19 I got pregnant and none of my friends were close to getting married or anything. Now I'm 31 and I moved and while my older friends are married, my current friends are not.

awilliamson
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll be 25 two weeks after baby gets here (also my first) and I feel the same way! 2 weeks before baby gets here will be our 2 year wedding anniversary. All the way around, none of my friends can or try to relate to me! Several of them are in pretty long term relationships, but still spend, at least, one night a week at the bar. Obviously I cannot, nor do I want to, join them in that.

It was hard for us, at first, too. My husband was a waiter and I was finishing school. In the past 2 years, though, DH has gotten a wonderful job, we bought a house, and are comfortable enough for me to stay home.

I know it's overwhelming right now, but things will sort themselves out. It's hard having a lot on your plate, but no one your age to relate to. Keep your head up, you're doing all the right things!

Allinaday
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I don't think that most people 'get it' until they have their own. When I was 25 I never had a thought about having kids.  I was traveling and working and considered not having any at all.  Even when I got pregnant I wasn't THAT excited about it because I didn't know what to expect.  But when I was in that delivery room and they put him in my arms for the first time I started crying and was overwhelmed with sheer joy.  They won't get it until they have thier own. Just take care of yourself, do lots of studying on what's best for your pregnancy and be the best mommy possible!

Mommy of two, third one on the way!

My Vlog: www.healthyfitnessmom.com

pacificamom
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Hello and welcome! You are In The right place!

CafeMom Tickers
Clemency3
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I am Alison..live about 45 minutes north of you and let me tell you...you are NOT alone. I was 20 when I had my first. My Husband and I have been married now for 9 years and financially still live pay check to pay check. It is hard...but it is doable. The most important thing to remember is that FAMILY is all that matters. As long as you and hubby and baby are happy...then that's it! I have learned to take it one day at a time and try to focus only on what is within my control. Yes first baby is always stressful no matter who you are because it is scary. But I promise you that the love between you and your hubby will help you through it. Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
ilovemykids732
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Hey I am 26! I have 2 sons an am pregnant now... I have no 'friends' because I cant do what ever they can... most are single and partying still... I am married and have responsibilities... dh and I own our own house... have bills, that kind of stuff... I feel your pain :)

erinf28
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Hi! My names Erin and I'm 23, married, one daughter, and another baby on the way. I live 10 minutes away from you in South Jersey and I'm in the same boat as you. The only "friends" I have that have kids are the wives of my husband's friends so we only talk and see each other if the guys are together or if their is a birthday party. I'm a SAHM because if I worked it wouldn't even cover daycare and my husband doesn't make nearly enough as he should because his boss is a cheap ass. But, we are making it work somehow and I am now involved in 2 work from home jobs to try and help out so I'm trying! Hope to be friends!

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Welcome to the group and congrats on your upcoming bundles! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)