Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you put this nicely?

So we are planning on having my shower at a park. 

But we want it to be known that if you bring your children, you must bring someone who was not invited to the shower to watch your children while at the park. 

I was thinking

"Other fathers needed to help expecting father with children at park during games/presents" 

But we aren't sure how to put it with out sounding rude.

My husband will be there specifically to help with the children, as he will already have our daughter.

Holy fucking shit.....

Some of you women need to get your panties of your assholes...

AND FUCKING READ. 

I already came up with wordidng, well my mother did. 

"Children are welcome to attend, but please make sure there is some one there to watch them after lunch is served if you plan on attending the games and gift opening." 

How is that hard to realize? 

I am going to say most will end up leaving their children at home anyways, but we are putting the option there, since there is a play ground on BOTH sides of the pavilion we are using. 

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I wouldn't attend most likely in that case. Because no way my kids would just og play with me near by. Mine as well make it co-ed and the dads and kids can go play
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Yes, there is. If they are bringing their husbands to the shower there is no sitter. If they have to go and get a sitter because they don't have a partner then there is a difference because they might go to your shower with their children but might not be able to attend if there is no sitter.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Just three. 

We were going to do it at a buffet, and put 

"In order to be paid for you must RSVP by said date." 

But either way we put it, it's going to be rude. 

And honestly, it's not about anyone else. 

If they want to be there for me and my husband, then they will figure something out. 

It's no different then them finding a sitter for at home anyways. 

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

You must have some friends that do not know how to parents then.

I have been to a shower with kids, my own shower had children at it. No one got in the way.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Children will get in the way. 

Have you been to a shower with children. 

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Why can't kids sit and watch you open gifts? I am not seeing why they need to go and play.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

How is it silly? 

Because they would have to find a sitter to begin with. 

And I am not going to make my husband keep an eye on 20+ kids. 

He agreed to our child and some one elses who doesn't have anyone. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

I'd just make it adult only.  No one is going to bring someone to watch their kids, just seems silly.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Well think about it. 

If we say "no kids"

They still would need to get a sitter correct? 

And yes, anyone who is showing up, will have to put how many people are showing up. Including children. 

Children, and the other adult, whomever that might be, will be allowed to eat with us. 

But then when it's time to open gifts and play games, the children need to go play, hence why we are doing it at a park, at the inside pavolin. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Why would they need a sitter to watch the kids and would you provide food/drinks to the "sitter"?  

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:12 PM

People will show. 

The only one not making sense is you. 

Just because I don't want children in the way of something meant for ME and my children. 

A lot of people don't allow children, and find other ways to deal with it. 

This is no different then saying 

"No children."

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Why the hell wouldn't he be invited? If he is going to the shower reguardless and eating with you then why wouldn't they be invited.

You are not making ANY sense. I wonder if anyone will show to your shower. You sound uptight.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Because then it is assumed that the Mr is invited as well. 

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

So then why not invite "Mr. and Mrs. Smithson" rather then "Oh hey, make sure Dad's there to watch the kids at the park because I don't want them watching me open gifts."

Problem solved.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

I already said yes. 

The person who is going to be watching the children and the children are allowed to eat. 

And it's not like a random stranger, it'll be their husband/father of the child. 

And if they don't bring their husband/father of said child, they won't be paying attention to the shower.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

People can take care of their own children... if not then they aren't doing their jobs as parents. Are you going to be feeding the rest of the people they take with them to watch their kids?

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM
12 moms liked this

Yes, there is a difference. Do you have any kids now? I doubt it because you don't know what it's like to take them anywhere.

Either kids are invited and WELCOME or they aren't invited. If you don't want kids there then just don't invite the kids. If you want the fathers there then invite the fathers. Why in the world wouldn't you want the fathers invited if they were expected to be there anyways?

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

People will show. 

Just because I don't want children in the way of something meant for ME and my children. 

"No children."

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM

No there isn't a nice way to put it. 

The only one who doesn't have a partner is a friend of mine, and my husband is taking that persons son along with my daughter. 

It's not my husbands problem to deal with 20+ children. 

That is the parents responsbility. 

Which means, they can either bring their SO/husbands so the husband can keep an eye on their children at the park. OR not show. 

But rest assured, people will show up

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Yes, there is. If they are bringing their husbands to the shower there is no sitter. If they have to go and get a sitter because they don't have a partner then there is a difference because they might go to your shower with their children but might not be able to attend if there is no sitter.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Just three. 

We were going to do it at a buffet, and put 

"In order to be paid for you must RSVP by said date." 

But either way we put it, it's going to be rude. 

And honestly, it's not about anyone else. 

If they want to be there for me and my husband, then they will figure something out. 

It's no different then them finding a sitter for at home anyways. 

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

You must have some friends that do not know how to parents then.

I have been to a shower with kids, my own shower had children at it. No one got in the way.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Children will get in the way. 

Have you been to a shower with children. 

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Why can't kids sit and watch you open gifts? I am not seeing why they need to go and play.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

How is it silly? 

Because they would have to find a sitter to begin with. 

And I am not going to make my husband keep an eye on 20+ kids. 

He agreed to our child and some one elses who doesn't have anyone. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

I'd just make it adult only.  No one is going to bring someone to watch their kids, just seems silly.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Well think about it. 

If we say "no kids"

They still would need to get a sitter correct? 

And yes, anyone who is showing up, will have to put how many people are showing up. Including children. 

Children, and the other adult, whomever that might be, will be allowed to eat with us. 

But then when it's time to open gifts and play games, the children need to go play, hence why we are doing it at a park, at the inside pavolin. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Why would they need a sitter to watch the kids and would you provide food/drinks to the "sitter"?  

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Actually I have a five year old, so thanks. 

Kids are invited to EAT. Then they can go play at the fucking park. 

Hence the reason why we are having it at a park. 

It's not like I am saying

"Bring your husbands, and you must say at the park." 

Nope, I am saying

"Husbands are greatly appareciated to help expecting father with children at the park." 

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Yes, there is a difference. Do you have any kids now? I doubt it because you don't know what it's like to take them anywhere.

Either kids are invited and WELCOME or they aren't invited. If you don't want kids there then just don't invite the kids. If you want the fathers there then invite the fathers. Why in the world wouldn't you want the fathers invited if they were expected to be there anyways?

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

People will show. 

"No children."

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM

So what is the problem with inviting the men? They are going to eat too right?

I am just not understanding inviting the whole family if you want them there anyways.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Nope, I am saying

"Husbands are greatly appareciated to help expecting father with children at the park." 

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

People will show. 

"No children."

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM

They won't be there for TWO PARTS of the entire shower. 

I never once said that I wanted them there for everything. 

If I wanted them there for the entire shower I would invite

Mr and Mrs. 

But I am sure the person making my invites will know how to word it properly.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I am just not understanding inviting the whole family if you want them there anyways.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Nope, I am saying

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

People will show. 

"No children."

HopeRegardless
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM
8 moms liked this

"Dear ladies, please feel welcome to bring your spouse and children to baby shower for food and games, we will be holding the celebration at the park so that dads/caregivers and children will be able to play during the traditional parts of the shower. Please rsvp with number of people so that the buffet table can be stocked accordingly. We look forward to seeing you Month/Day" Perhaps something like that? I'm sure there might be a little bit better but that's all I can think of if you would like include children/dads during part of the shower but still enjoy the games that women typically play and during gift opening. 

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM
5 moms liked this

So can't your husband just lead and say at the shower "Alright, gift time, let's leave the women to their womenly things and let's take the kids over to the park!!"

Voila!

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

They won't be there for TWO PARTS of the entire shower. 

I never once said that I wanted them there for everything. 

If I wanted them there for the entire shower I would invite

Mr and Mrs. 

But I am sure the person making my invites will know how to word it properly.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Nope, I am saying

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

People will show. 

"No children."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured