Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How do you put this nicely?

So we are planning on having my shower at a park. 

But we want it to be known that if you bring your children, you must bring someone who was not invited to the shower to watch your children while at the park. 

I was thinking

"Other fathers needed to help expecting father with children at park during games/presents" 

But we aren't sure how to put it with out sounding rude.

My husband will be there specifically to help with the children, as he will already have our daughter.

Holy fucking shit.....

Some of you women need to get your panties of your assholes...

AND FUCKING READ. 

I already came up with wordidng, well my mother did. 

"Children are welcome to attend, but please make sure there is some one there to watch them after lunch is served if you plan on attending the games and gift opening." 

How is that hard to realize? 

I am going to say most will end up leaving their children at home anyways, but we are putting the option there, since there is a play ground on BOTH sides of the pavilion we are using. 

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Replies (41-50):
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Read another response. 

I am going to show that to my mom. 

And regardless of children my food cost will be down. 

150 tops. 

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

Honestly, it sounds like you are way over thinking things. The most common sense and logical thing to do if you don't want kids there is to say "no kids". Your food costs will be cheaper and the kids won't be in the way. As a mom, if I knew they weren't wanted there, I would keep them at home. Saying "no children" seems a lot nicer than "bring your kids, but you can't pay attention to them, so you better bring a sitter,and they can't be around for presents or games."

mommyto7lw
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I dont think its rude at all,plus most kids,wont want to stay watching you open gifts,they will want to play.

MikeysMom22
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

A baby shower is about having children right? If you are thinking they are in the way, just make it an adult only shower and maybe invite them to come eat at the end. Sure, the dads may want to leave with the kids  when you are playing those stupid shower games anyway but making it a requirement is rude.

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM

The last time I checked. 

You ate first. 

Quoting MikeysMom22:

A baby shower is about having children right? If you are thinking they are in the way, just make it an adult only shower and maybe invite them to come eat at the end. Sure, the dads may want to leave with the kids  when you are playing those stupid shower games anyway but making it a requirement is rude.

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Right. 

Once they see there is a playground. They won't really care.

Quoting mommyto7lw:

I dont think its rude at all,plus most kids,wont want to stay watching you open gifts,they will want to play.

skittlefart
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Can't help ya....I read through all the responses and STILL am not understanding the concept of what you're trying to explain... seems like it is really just overthinking it all...

photo caitlyn_zps760e8bde.gif

photo f2458de1-4fbe-4187-979b-7d086a655ae3_zpsf7eb12ba.jpg
bellaamore
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Why cant the moms o it?

We had mine at the park and we moms watched our kids beore we all settled own to eat, drink and open gifts

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Because the parents will ha ve to be up and down.....

Quoting bellaamore:

Why cant the moms o it?

We had mine at the park and we moms watched our kids beore we all settled own to eat, drink and open gifts

mybabiesmama916
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My showers have been kid friendly and I've never had a problem. Do you not like kids??

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Children will get in the way. 

Have you been to a shower with children. 

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Why can't kids sit and watch you open gifts? I am not seeing why they need to go and play.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

How is it silly? 

Because they would have to find a sitter to begin with. 

And I am not going to make my husband keep an eye on 20+ kids. 

He agreed to our child and some one elses who doesn't have anyone. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

I'd just make it adult only.  No one is going to bring someone to watch their kids, just seems silly.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Well think about it. 

If we say "no kids"

They still would need to get a sitter correct? 

And yes, anyone who is showing up, will have to put how many people are showing up. Including children. 

Children, and the other adult, whomever that might be, will be allowed to eat with us. 

But then when it's time to open gifts and play games, the children need to go play, hence why we are doing it at a park, at the inside pavolin. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Why would they need a sitter to watch the kids and would you provide food/drinks to the "sitter"?  

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I love kids. 

I just don't like kids touching things that don't belong to them, and getting into things, and parents do nothing to stop it.

Quoting mybabiesmama916:

My showers have been kid friendly and I've never had a problem. Do you not like kids??

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Children will get in the way. 

Have you been to a shower with children. 

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Why can't kids sit and watch you open gifts? I am not seeing why they need to go and play.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

How is it silly? 

Because they would have to find a sitter to begin with. 

And I am not going to make my husband keep an eye on 20+ kids. 

He agreed to our child and some one elses who doesn't have anyone. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

I'd just make it adult only.  No one is going to bring someone to watch their kids, just seems silly.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Well think about it. 

If we say "no kids"

They still would need to get a sitter correct? 

And yes, anyone who is showing up, will have to put how many people are showing up. Including children. 

Children, and the other adult, whomever that might be, will be allowed to eat with us. 

But then when it's time to open gifts and play games, the children need to go play, hence why we are doing it at a park, at the inside pavolin. 

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Why would they need a sitter to watch the kids and would you provide food/drinks to the "sitter"?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN