Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for you ladies, I'm pretty sick...

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 21 Replies

I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow. Last night I got home from work at 7:30 took my temp and it was 100.0. I took tylenol and went to bed. At 5:15 am I woke up and it was 100.2 so I took more tylenol then woke up around 7 and my fever was still 100.0. So I went to the ER, since my daughter had strep last week. I was tested for it and they took a urine sample and checked babies heartbeat (which was fine). Strep culture came back negative, but they gave me a Z Pack anyway because of my daughter having it and me being in contact with it. I got home from the hospital around 10 am took my first pill from the Z Pack and laid down to take a nap. I just woke up (2:30 pm my time) and my temp is 100.7 so I took more tylenol. As soon as I laid on the couch I got AWFUL stomach pains and rushed to the bathroom and pooped basically water.

Should I be worried?

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashtonsmommy21
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I wouldn't be too worried. Your body is trying to get rid of whatever it has right now that's probably why you had watery poop.  Keep taking your temp, drink lots if liquids, and get plenty of rest.  If your temp gets higher call your doctor.  

NatyRod
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM
It sounds like some kind of virus I'm which case the antibiotics are no use. Try to get good rest and stay hydrated. I hope u start to feel better soon! :(
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM

you dont think I should be worried about the baby since I have a fever?

Quoting NatyRod:

It sounds like some kind of virus I'm which case the antibiotics are no use. Try to get good rest and stay hydrated. I hope u start to feel better soon! :(

Baby3thinkpink
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I think you probably just overdid the meds. I am not sure if our tummys are just sensetive at this point because EVERYTHING makes me sick. I have had diarrhea right now and have had it for 2 days..not sure what caused it or how to help it but MAN i wish it would stop! :)

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I hope so... I just dont want this fever to affect my little man.

Quoting Baby3thinkpink:

I think you probably just overdid the meds. I am not sure if our tummys are just sensetive at this point because EVERYTHING makes me sick. I have had diarrhea right now and have had it for 2 days..not sure what caused it or how to help it but MAN i wish it would stop! :)

NatyRod
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Yeah... Definitely if the fever isn't subsiding and the Tylenol is not bringing it down I would suggest calling ur doc. :/
Quoting marissabrookee:
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Yeah thats what I went to the ER for this morning and all they did was give me a Z Pack... ugh I hope the tylenol brings it down.

Quoting NatyRod:

Yeah... Definitely if the fever isn't subsiding and the Tylenol is not bringing it down I would suggest calling ur doc. :/
Quoting marissabrookee:

shjchica
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:40 PM

ER's are useless for stuff like this IMO. When your fever isn't subsiding with tylenol I'd call your OB and let them at least know what's going on. I was told if I had a fever that lasted 24hrs or longer and didn't respond to tylenol to call them immediately. I was pregnant during the winter - the lovely cold and stomach bug season lol. But I'd def. call them let them know what the ER did/said and see what they want to do for you.

Quoting marissabrookee:

Yeah thats what I went to the ER for this morning and all they did was give me a Z Pack... ugh I hope the tylenol brings it down.

Quoting NatyRod:

Quoting marissabrookee:

CafeMom Tickers
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I just called my OB and they said if by 7 tonight my fever isnt going down with tylenol that I have to call my primary physician... I'm sick of getting tossed around.

Quoting shjchica:

ER's are useless for stuff like this IMO. When your fever isn't subsiding with tylenol I'd call your OB and let them at least know what's going on. I was told if I had a fever that lasted 24hrs or longer and didn't respond to tylenol to call them immediately. I was pregnant during the winter - the lovely cold and stomach bug season lol. But I'd def. call them let them know what the ER did/said and see what they want to do for you.

Quoting marissabrookee:

Quoting NatyRod:

Quoting marissabrookee:

NatyRod
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM
It should, just give it some time but keep on monitoring it! Keep us posted!
Quoting marissabrookee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured