Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Stretch marks

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM
  • 22 Replies

Does Cocoa butter lotion really help with stretch marks?

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM

eh, stretch marks are genetic mostly but I put eucerin healing cream on my stomach every day when I get out of the shower and I havent gotten them yet (this is my 2nd pregnancy).

millafpcosta
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:02 PM

most women here will say that is genectic and nothing will can do .. i dont believe that!!! if u dont gain a ton of weigh and  keep your body and ur skin hydrated u can help prevent it! I use cocobutter, vitamin E and bio oils. I hope it works for u! Good luck!

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Hasn't helped me one damn bit. 

mommyto3121405
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:33 PM

idk i ll have to try something after i never got them with my first 2 but did this time

CafeMom Tickers

NatyRod
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I don't know if they really work but given my extra dry skin its definitely worth the try.. I'm preggers with baby #1 and I use it every night before bed. I did some research and went with Mama Mio, but anything that keeps ur skin hydrated should help. :/
rjmac88
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Not really. It's all about skin elasticity. Which is 90% genetic.
Mrsjohnson2014
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Thanks everyone and as far as gaining weight I have lost 6 or 7 pounds since I found out I was pregnant. Which I don't understand because I eat when I get hungry 

Allinaday
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I always use Coconut oil, it actually penetrates (doesn't sit on top of your skin).  You can feed your skin from the inside, to help with elasticity.  Stretch marks can be prevented or at least minimized if you stick to a good regimine. you can't do it one day and not the next.

l

rosiehsu
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM

i found bio oil works ! they have them in cotsco

JesseRose
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM

It's genetic. You will get them if you get them. Coco butter and lotions do help w/ some itching that you get from your skin being stretched but that is about it.....sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)