Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is 29 weeks too early to....

have a baby shower? The only reason being, whatever we don't receive at the shower we will obviously have to go out and buy and we won't be able to do all that at once so we'll need some time to do so. I delivered my daughter at 36 weeks so I want to be prepared by that point. Also do you think it's greedy to have a second shower? Its been over 5 years since my DD and this one is a boy, plus its my SO's first baby. My DD's dad has a lot of the stuff we got at her shower because I lived there for a long time after she was born. He wont give me the travel system or her bouncy seat. Opinions please??

Also, was your shower co-ed or just women?

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Replies (21-30):
Dontoya
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I didnt have a baby shower at all i just went out and brought my own dipers and some clothes before she was born and my son dad had him right before he was born
Lili4You
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM

My best friend just had her fifth baby and had a baby shower for her. It was a gender reveal/ reason for everyone to get together, eat good food and give presies. I don't think it is greedy, especially when you don't have most of your baby stuff from your first.

AmazingMomOfTwo
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I had a shower with both of my kids I have a girl and a boy. My daughters was girls only my sons was Co ed.
ahawkins
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I have had a shower for all 4 of my babies. By should be celebrated. :)
Leila0907
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I don't think it's too early.. I'm having mine in 2 weeks ill be 32 weeks then. I say anything over 5yr is fine to have a second shower.. In my family showers are always co-ed
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm okay. Still exhausted throat and ears ache pretty bad but fever is gone so that's good.

Quoting NatyRod:

It's never too early to be ready... We having ours at 31 wks. And it's totally ok to have a second shower, specially if its been a whole since ur daughter was born and this baby is a different gender. How are u feeling by the way?
To_the_moon
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM
No actually I think having a shower that early is a smart idea and it's not greedy to have a second shower. I'll be having one if this baby turns out to be a boy and just a party to celebrate a new life coming into the world if this baby is a girl. My shower for dd was a women and children only party but this time around I want to do a co-ed shower.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I say do it when you want!

sprinkles9112
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM
We're having our shower when I'm around 25 weeks...only because we'll be moving across the country.

I say ask for whatever you need. I think people will be understanding that this is his first baby- and a boy.

I think our shower will be women only. I have a lot of guy friends, but I can't see them coming.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I had mine at 33 weeks with my first and had him two weeks later! It was co-ed because Daddy wanted to be involved. My sister planned it and it was really nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN