Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is 29 weeks too early to....

have a baby shower? The only reason being, whatever we don't receive at the shower we will obviously have to go out and buy and we won't be able to do all that at once so we'll need some time to do so. I delivered my daughter at 36 weeks so I want to be prepared by that point. Also do you think it's greedy to have a second shower? Its been over 5 years since my DD and this one is a boy, plus its my SO's first baby. My DD's dad has a lot of the stuff we got at her shower because I lived there for a long time after she was born. He wont give me the travel system or her bouncy seat. Opinions please??

Also, was your shower co-ed or just women?

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Replies (31-40):
jessidaniellex3
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I don't think 29 weeks is too early.

I am having two showers. One for my side of the family and one for my boyfriends side. If we did it together it would have to find somewhere to put all those people! Lol,  we have big families. Both of my showers will be co-ed.

lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Nope, i think its a good time, then you arent so enormous that you dont have the energy to put things away and get everything ready
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama232011
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Here's a bump I had my baby at 29 weeks and had a gender reveal at 20 weeks
amy31308
by Ashlee on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Anytime in the 3rd trimester is perfect timing imo. :)
HopeRegardless
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's more than okay for you to have a second shower. I mean even if you had your dd's car seat it's most likely past expiration. Plus you are having a boy and it's 5 years later, not to mention that it's your so's first. So perfectly fine in my mind. I have heard that co-ed ones can be a lot of fun, I have never been to one though. I think baby showers are fine after 24 weeks, so I would say go for it. :) Hope it all goes well!
Clemency3
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM

No I do not think that is too early and makes sense. No not at all. I didn't get a shower with my second or now my third and right now I wish I could have one since we have to buy everything again. He won't give you the travel system or the bouncy seat? That sounds weird to me. My one baby shower was welcome to be co-ed but ended up not. The baby shower I went to last year the men showed up towards the end and this one I am going to at the end of July the men are going on a "Man Date" lol. 

CafeMom Tickers
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not weird for him, he's an ass. Anything his parents bought for my daughter at the baby shower he thinks he should get to keep.

Quoting Clemency3:

No I do not think that is too early and makes sense. No not at all. I didn't get a shower with my second or now my third and right now I wish I could have one since we have to buy everything again. He won't give you the travel system or the bouncy seat? That sounds weird to me. My one baby shower was welcome to be co-ed but ended up not. The baby shower I went to last year the men showed up towards the end and this one I am going to at the end of July the men are going on a "Man Date" lol. 

wolfybaby
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM

as long as youre well within the second trimester or starting the third, i dont think its too early. there are tons of reasons to have one earlier. i had mine at 5 months because my spring/summer schedule would have literally made it impossible for me to have a baby shower any later. 

wolfybaby
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM

also, its totally fine to have a second shower thrown for a second child, regardless of how long its been or if its different gender. baby showers are traditionally thrown by family, and its up to them whether or not to throw a second, third, etc. some people may think its tacky to *throw yourself* a second [or even first] baby shower.

my shower was co-ed, but not many men came. its just not something men are interested in! but i still made it so my daughters father could come. my father and his father really enjoyed it, too. i swear i seen tears in their eyes.

RhondaVeggie
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I think mine was about then. I was due 1/12 so 37 weeks at Xmas and about 33 weeks at thanksgiving and we wanted it over with before the holiday season got going. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)