Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is 29 weeks too early to....

have a baby shower? The only reason being, whatever we don't receive at the shower we will obviously have to go out and buy and we won't be able to do all that at once so we'll need some time to do so. I delivered my daughter at 36 weeks so I want to be prepared by that point. Also do you think it's greedy to have a second shower? Its been over 5 years since my DD and this one is a boy, plus its my SO's first baby. My DD's dad has a lot of the stuff we got at her shower because I lived there for a long time after she was born. He wont give me the travel system or her bouncy seat. Opinions please??

Also, was your shower co-ed or just women?

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Replies (41-50):
daisybaby91
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Honestly my advice is the earlier the better. The longer you wait the more having a shower will be exhausting!!
theresa13183
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:37 AM

i think having a baby shower that early is a great idea....when ive attended baby showers in the past the women are mid 30 weeks and seem exhausted throughout the whole thing...now that i'm 27 weeks i already get tired very quickly...so i think its actually preferable to have one a little early so you'll be able to enjoy the party more

and in my family we only have one baby shower and for the second baby in recent years the girls have been calling them diaper parties but everybody brings gifts other than diapers anyway...i don't think its selfish for you since there is such an age gap and different genders

Mistygirl
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I don't think it's to early, I had mine around 30 weeks and gave birth unexpectedly at 35 weeks for my first. As for the baby shower, I don't think it's greedy, it's been five years and everything you have or had was for a girl, now you re having a boy, it's like starting over. I am on my fourth baby, I did not have a baby shower for every pregnancy, but this baby was unexpected and I threw out all of our baby stuff because we were done and my kids are 3,4, and 6 we even got rid of the crib,so my sil is throwing a shower for this one, if we have everything we need by then, then it can just be a diaper party. Good luck and congrats.

virgochild79
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM

It's never greedy to have a baby shower because it's for the baby, no matter how many you've had before. I don't think 29 weeks is too early. I'm having mine in 2 weeks, I'll be 34 weeks which to me is too late lol. This will be my 3rd shower, my last one was 7 years ago.

ilovemykids732
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Not to early, MY shower was co-ed but I had nothing to do with the planning... I wanted it to be only women...!

pinkfairy0206
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Nothing wrong at all with having coed shower. I did with all 4 babyshowers. My husband was sitting next to me the whole time. It was just my bil,and my husbands close friend. And do the shower whenever u feel comfortable!:) there's no rules:)
VintageWife
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM
29w is fine and it's okay to have more than one. Every baby should be celebrated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Nope. Go for it. I had 2 showers with my oldest and the first was just women and rather boring, the 2nd was my entire fam (women, kids & men) and we all had a great time. 

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Your travel system is probably outdated anyway (the concern being the carseat...they only last about 5-6 years).

I think 29 weeks is a good time...I had 2 showers: one my co-workers threw and I was 30 weeks, the second my mom and aunts threw and I was 33 weeks.

And you aren't being greedy. I'm not into the whole fad of having more than on shower unless it's after a decent age gap and a child of a different gender...you definitely have a legit reason! Also, being your husband's first, his family probably is excited to celebrate!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3kidz123
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Baby showers really depend on your friends and family. It looks greedy to throw your own but with my first two big ones where thrown for me and one smaller one, it was fine because I never asked for them! With my second a big one was thrown for me but again I never asked for it. With my third no one threw a shower but since it was my first girl people were so excited that I got just as many gifts as with my first two showers...I seriously got presents from enyone I'd ever known, even from teachers I had in highschool years before.

As long as someone wants to throw you the shower and you don't ask have as many as people want to give you...infact It would be rude to turn one down :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN