Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is 29 weeks too early to....

have a baby shower? The only reason being, whatever we don't receive at the shower we will obviously have to go out and buy and we won't be able to do all that at once so we'll need some time to do so. I delivered my daughter at 36 weeks so I want to be prepared by that point. Also do you think it's greedy to have a second shower? Its been over 5 years since my DD and this one is a boy, plus its my SO's first baby. My DD's dad has a lot of the stuff we got at her shower because I lived there for a long time after she was born. He wont give me the travel system or her bouncy seat. Opinions please??

Also, was your shower co-ed or just women?

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Replies (51-55):
ImNotKarl
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I had a shower with this baby, my second baby, and it's expected to have one for every baby in my family. So no, I don't think it's tacky. Both of my showers were co-ed and really fun. My first one was near 29 weeks. I don't think it's too early. This time I was 32 ish weeks.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM

That sounds about the right time. I've had both women only showers and co ed showers.

TippyD
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM

i dont think so:) 

kelly617
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:20 AM

heck no
I had my baby shower October 8th and I had my son November 23rd...at 39wks...so I was like 34wks when I had mine? lol I was HUUUGE

kelly617
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:22 AM

Oh and no I don't think its tacky...your kids are pretty far apart and this one is a boy....so you'll need everything!

My shower was co-ed cuz I wanted my dad and SO to be there too so I just told all my friends to drag their hubbies along and most of them did

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)