Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

could really use stories not judgement....

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

i know i'm playing with fire asking this. but i am looking to hear from moms who have had a vbac successfully and what your experience was like. we scheduled a c section for dd2 but lately i have felt very anxious about it. which is not me at all. i'm not one to worry about things. so i am going to my dr next week and i want to discuss my options in detail and find out exactly what to expect and what options i actually have. i just want to know if anyone has had one and what your experience was. trying to make the most informed decision i can. 

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I know some moms here have had successful vbacs. Best wishes with whatever choice you make! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviemmt1990
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM

with my first i had a c section because she was face up. i was in labor for 16 hours and made no progress what so ever. by the time they gave me the option of a csection i was so exhausted that i chose that. i felt at peace about it. this one i'm not feeling as peaceful and that is what concerns me. 

Gingerbell.RN
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I had a vbac in 2012 with our 4th.

My first two were vaginal. Third baby was breech so my section.

I went to 41 weeks with my vbac baby. To me it was no different than my previous vag deliveries.

I plan to vbac this baby too.
steviemmt1990
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM

how big was your vbac baby? i know my dr will be concerned about size. which to me is rediculous but my first was 8.13. so this one is likely going to be about that big. and i haven't ever had a vaginal 

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I had all vaginal births but Cafemom has a group for vbac mom's that you will probably find very. Helpful

Good luck
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I am confused why you think your playing with fire?? I think its great your asking questions, and reconsidering an unnecessary surgery! My advice, do your own research don't discuss it with your Dr. Doctors tend to be one side, they want what is easier for them, what still allows them to make it to their golf tornament, or what they can make the most money doing! Vbac is more commonly in your and your child's best interest! I hope you come to a descision you are happy and confident about! Good Luck Hun

LilliesValley
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I'm having another c-section, so I'm no help. But talk to your doc, do some research too (maybe ahead of time so you have or can ask your doc questions) and then make an informed decision with your dh or so. Best of luck in whatever you decide.

steviemmt1990
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM

playing with fire because there tends to be a lot of bashing and negativity with this type of question. i've posted it before and got no help. just a lot of "you're making the wrong choice" my doctor is amazing. when he asked me the first time what i wanted to do he was open to either option but i chose the csection. now that i've been thinking about it i feel like i made the choice without actually considering both options. so now i want to revisit the options and see what i can do. 

LilliesValley
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM

While I think she should do her own research to make a better, more informed decision, she should talk to her doc too and have a good discussion with them. Not all docs are worried about going to their golf tournament. LOL. My doc was actually really pushing towards a vbac for number two and I said thanks but no thanks. There was no pressure to do a repeat c-section. Open communication with your doc is important and she needs to know where they stand on this sort of thing. It could mean finding a different doc, but probably not. I think research ahead of time, talking to the doc, a little more research and talking to her spouse and partner would be the best thing to do.

Quoting NoraDun:

I am confused why you think your playing with fire?? I think its great your asking questions, and reconsidering an unnecessary surgery! My advice, do your own research don't discuss it with your Dr. Doctors tend to be one side, they want what is easier for them, what still allows them to make it to their golf tornament, or what they can make the most money doing! Vbac is more commonly in your and your child's best interest! I hope you come to a descision you are happy and confident about! Good Luck Hun

steviemmt1990
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM

and the surgery is already scheduled. which is why i need to talk to him about it. lol. if we decide to change our minds then i have to unschedule. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN