Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hypothetically, baby comes out the other gender?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 73 Replies
What would you think/do/react? What would be your biggest concern? Would you just laugh it off or be upset?
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rjmac88
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:43 PM
2 moms liked this
We are expecting a girl. If this is a boy though I think it would be funny. Lol I am bringing one outfit for a boy. But that's about all I have for a boy lol. We do have a name for a boy. But I'd be more frustrated having to sell all my super pink and poofy girly clothes and cloth diapers and start over lol
Duenov30
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I worry about this bc at 16 weeks they told me girl and then at 22 weeks they sd boy and I'm like 99.9% boy but a little part of me still wonders if the cord got stuck between the legs! I wouldn't be upset but it would suck having all the opposite gender stuff bc I've already had to return all my girl stuff to prepare for this little man since they switched to boy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I don't know what I'm having yet but I'd probably be slightly upset if I was told girl but got boy. Not that I'd love the baby less but I have always wanted a girl and have three boys.

If I was told boy but got a girl. I would be ecstatic!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Baby is what it is, techs aren't God. We aren't finding out, so I dont have to worry much!! And with my other three I am good with u/s and could tell there was no doubt

thetardis
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:08 PM

We didn't find out the gender. 2 days shy of 37 weeks I'm starting to get anxious to find out, but I know I won't care once baby is actually here. We have blue and pink clothes, blankets, diapers, etc. Either gender will probably wear both. When our last baby was born we forgot we didn't know the gender, the nurse had to remind us to look. :P

wkukid
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM

He would have to learn to enjoy wearing frilly pink lol.

NatyRod
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM
That will be a story for the ages that's for sure. Lol
I'm sure it will be funny after, but I'll go crazy at that moment.. Just thinking on all the changes that have to take place in the nursery alone I could faint! Lol
Schizomom91
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I would be.pissed... I spent $250 in pink crap just today lol
Stephanie3804
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I think I would be upset at first. I've already named this baby and have a connection with her being our baby girl. I also have 2 sons already and am looking forward to a little girl, but if she ended up being a boy I'd get over it and love my baby boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SendMeBabyDust
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
this actually happened to me. (feel free to read my post) at first I was pissed off. had just started washing baby girl clothes etc. i wanted my first to be a girl. 9months planning around a girl and then 3days (or so before my due date) they tell me they think it was a boy? yeah I was pissed. BUT soon as they laid Kaden on my chest, I was in love with him. now I cant remember why I was so angry. I am in love with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)