Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What is it like for the daddy of your baby?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM
  • 20 Replies
So, I know that pregnancy is a much different experience for the mom than it is for the dad. My boyfriend was not excited to say the least when I found out I was pregnant. I love our baby more than anything in the world and he seems as though he couldn't care less. I do notice him looking at random baby stuff when we go into different stores and places, but he always tries to act as though he doesn't care or he tries to be secretive about being excited for and loving his baby. I am wondering for those of you who have already had your babies, did your partner act like this? Where they more excited after they saw their baby for the first time?
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GreenDotsOrange
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM
My husband didn't get overly excited until he could feel him kick. When he was born was when he really fell in love. He said in that moment of seeing him for the 1st time it felt like time stood still. He is not a very huggy lovey person. The only ppl he hugs, kisses or says I love you to is myself and our son. He doesn't even hug his own mother, it just wasn't how he was raised. We are pregnant again and I am 20 weeks with a girl. He is just starting to get a little excited as he sees my belly grow.
Wynonnerz
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:04 PM
My fiance has been ecstatic since I took the test, he told all his friends and still is
KPJ
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:07 PM
My husband was acting very distant and careless at the beginning of the pregnancy.. But now after a couple of ultrasounds and listening to the baby's heartbeat every time we go to the OB he is a lot more excited and nervous lol This is baby #2 and our last baby :) the weird thing is with my first pregnancy he was excited from day 1 and I guess this one took a little longer for him to get used to the idea of having 2 kids... Don't feel bad men are very weird at times... He will warm up to the pregnancy sooner or later.
connorsmama06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Each time he was just as happy/ excited as I was 

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:33 PM

No my Husband was just as excited as I was and just as involved in the pregnancy! It maybe a baby daddy thing

awilliamson
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM
He could just be nervous/scared about how he will provide for the baby.

Until we bought our house and were settled financially, DH was very standoff-ish about trying for a baby.

Once he felt he could comfortably provide for us, he never shut up about it! It took us 9 months to get pregnant and I think the waiting has made him even more thrilled about a baby.
NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM
He is always more excited at the end. Tonight he had his hand on my belly and was talking to it in baby talk.
chickensmommy
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM
My husband is thrilled. He will be a first time dad at 47. He has been waiting a long time for this : D. He's already an awesome stepdaddy.
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM
My husband was extremely excited when we found out I am pregnant. Took us almost 5 years to conceive this one. He has an 11 1/2 year old daughter from a previous "thing" as he calls it and we have a 5 1/2 year old daughter together. We are 28 weeks 1 day pregnant with our first boy :) He was actually the one that made the count down calendar lol
Mommabearbergh
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM
For dd one dh finally was hit with this is all real when he laid eyes on her. I swear the smile he had when he held her still makes me cry because it was like a beautiful genuine smile. With dd two he has been more excited lays his head on my belly and talks to her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)