Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pubic Dysfunction?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:50 AM
  • 19 Replies

I have been suffering from symphasis pubis dysfunction since I was about 28 weeks, I am now 36 weeks and the pain has been insufferable for quite some time.  

Has anyone else experienced this?

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinka_pixie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I haven't been diagnosed, but I feel like I have it. its the worst after sleeping for 8 hours and not moving much. but then again, moving is also painful, and just lifting a leg is awful. ive been visiting my chiropractor, and he has some exercises for me. stretching one leg out while bring the other bent, bring the knee in to the chest, and then switch. it does seem to help a bit, but not a ton as of yet. oh and im 37.5wks.

KittyTussand
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:22 AM
I developed it when I was 30ish weeks.nothing seamed to help and got worse each day. The worst was getting in cars or side stepping and dont even get me started on trying to sleep!!! Im now 6 weeks pp and still have it. I try very hard to watch how I move. Not sure how long I will have but from what I read it could last a few months after. I regret not trying a hip support belt.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Get into a chiropractor!!

KPJ
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I Want to thank you for posting this... I had no clue I had this Til I read your post and researched the condition!!! OMG it's so painful!! Specially when I'm trying to get out of bed.. I can feel my pelvic bones from my left side of my hips popping and it' hurts horribly I have been trying to go to the chiropractor forever now.. I just haven't been able to... I think that will be the best solution to this condition.
mmr520
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM

It is terrible, I've had it since 28wks. I'm 34 and had to start maternity leave early because the pain prevents me from performing my job duties. It is really stiff after being still, the worst for me is lifting my legs to put on clothes, and stairs. Dr. said tylenol but that doesn't seem to help. I've chosen not to do the belt because Dr said they are only 60% effective. Dr said that delivery is the only thing that will make it better. I've read on some boards that it heals quite quickly afterwards. Good luck mama, you are not alone.

katie11908
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM

This is my 3rd pregnancy and i am 30 almost 31 weeks and think i have it this time around. I feel like someone took a baseball bat to my vag when i try to walk or anything like that. It hurts! I plan on talking with my OB about it when i go on Friday but im sure there is nothing they can do. :/

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I had it with my last. A belly support band helps a bit from what I hear.
ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I do. Got into physical therapy and god I feel so much better!! I'm 36 weeks and hurt in one place or another since 8 weeks. Bug your dr!!!
ilovemykids732
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I am 18 weeks and have been having HORRIBLE pubic pain... and my OB has no clue what it is... maybe its this... thx for posting this... I will mention this to her...!

Mrs.TSmith
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM

It took me literally crying in the Dr.s office before he would even give me 5mg of Loratab.  It barely takes the edge off of my miserableness. Walking, sitting, moving, getting up off of the floor (I have a two year old boy), sleeping, going to the bathroom, and sex with my husband all cause me to want to cry.  Now that I have dropped it's seemingly gotten worse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured