Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Washington Moms?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 13 Replies

Any moms, or soon to be moms from Washington? 

There's a pretty good chance we'll be moving to Washington in November. I'll be about 5 months by then. I'm flying out there July 11th-14th to check out the area (Checking out Longview all the way to Vancouver and Portland, OR). 

I won't really know anyone out there...so I'll need to start making a few friends :D 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Enjoy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KittyTussand
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM

im from washington. lioved in skagit county for awhile. now live in spokane. i know lots of great places to sight see

momma-moo
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this

We've been living in WA for a little over a year now and are loving it here.  Good luck on the move!

japanmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Lived here for 11 years. I'm up in whatcom county but am moving to Bremerton this fall. Love it! Took a bit to get used to winters though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsHill12
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:28 AM
I go to Washington (Richland) for daughters physical therapy and to Portland for her specialty visits but don't live in Washington... Hope you find someone!! I know some places are very nice there some are hot (closer where I live) and other places get more rain still nice tho! :)
sprinkles9112
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
What are the winters like?

Quoting japanmommy:

Lived here for 11 years. I'm up in whatcom county but am moving to Bremerton this fall. Love it! Took a bit to get used to winters though

japanmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Drizzle, constant drizzle. Grey, and very short days. But in the summer it's not overly hot (except this week) and day light is from like 5 or so until 9 or 10

Quoting sprinkles9112:

Quoting japanmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sprinkles9112
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I'm in Nothern Indiana right now...so that winter sounds much better than tons of snow LOL I MUCH prefer rain over snow. LOL 

Quoting japanmommy:

Drizzle, constant drizzle. Grey, and very short days. But in the summer it's not overly hot (except this week) and day light is from like 5 or so until 9 or 10

Quoting sprinkles9112:

Quoting japanmommy:

CafeMom Tickers
sprinkles9112
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I'm not familiar with the counties :) 

The 12th we'll be with a realtor to look around the areas surrounding Longview for apartments and houses. 
My whole family is moving out there (brother/nephew, mom). I'm going with my mom. She has a nurse practitioner interview with the Nephrologists at Longview.  

Quoting KittyTussand:

im from washington. lioved in skagit county for awhile. now live in spokane. i know lots of great places to sight see

CafeMom Tickers
japanmommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I thought that too since I once lived in North Dakota. My parents moved us over Christmas break so I went 2.5 weeks without seeing sunshine. Did not help that I did not want to move at all (14) or that I had just been in New Mexico lol.

I love Washington though and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Quoting sprinkles9112:

I'm in Nothern Indiana right now...so that winter sounds much better than tons of snow LOL I MUCH prefer rain over snow. LOL 

Quoting japanmommy:

Quoting sprinkles9112:

Quoting japanmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)