Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Showing earlier with each pregnancy...

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM
  • 24 Replies
True or a myth? What's your experience?
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparklebug86
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM

in my experience very true! With my first, it was 18ish weeks before I showed, with my second about 8 and with my 3rd I looked around 20 weeks pregnant at 10 weeks :(

mama_pink_tink
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:00 PM

from my moms expierence, too true! she had 4, 5-4 years apart each child, and she showed sooner and sooner with each, by 3 months with the youngest, they were convinced he was twins cause she looked 6 months pregnant at 3 months. For me, its true as well. I started to show early. with my first i didnt show till i was 6 months. with this one, i started showing at 3 months

Koux
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Absolutely true! This is my 3rd and I've showed earlier with each baby.
lovebugs_mom906
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I say true. I'm 13 weeks with #3, and look like I did at 20 weeks with my first. My uterus is already up near my belly button.
rjmac88
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Nope.
First 25 weeks
Second 11 weeks
Third 6 weeks
Fourth 31 weeks
EvrybodysFriend
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM
True for me.
Devious103102
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Yes and no. With my first I showed fairly early on, with my 2nd I was able to hide it till about halfway through the pregnancy. With my 3rd I had a noticable bump around 16wks and with my 4th I had one around 12wks, but with this pregnancy I didn't really have a "bump" till well after 16wks. 

HJMF
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:05 AM
It's so interesting to see everyones responses. Thanks for sharing! This is #2 for me, so I was just curious! I was told after having my first, that my uterus tilts forward. I wonder if that will play any roll in how soon I show. I don't really think it did with DS because I didn't start showing until month 7 or so. But I'm a bigger woman, so I might have but couldn't tell lol
momma_gig
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM

It was very true for me. I didn't start to actually look pregnant (and not just fat) around 19 weeks with my first, 16 weeks with my 2nd, and about 10/11 weeks with this baby. 

lovinmy3girlies
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM
It's kinda varied for me.
I with my first I could tell by 17-18wks.
My second about 15wks.
But my 3rd I fit in my jeans till atleast 22wks somehow.
This one was about 18wks I think.

I don't FEEL as big as I did with the others but my first 3 were girls and found their way up to my ribs pretty fast. Now I finally get my boy and he is a meany to my pelvic!

I think it totally depends on the woman and how/if she got back into pre-preg shape before her next.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN