Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

extremely tired

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm 5w 1d pregnant and I can't hold my eyes open. I have a 4 and 5 year old does anyone think they will be ok if I took a nap?
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AnaFulghum
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I am currently 18 w 5d with my third. During my first trimester, I was so super sleepy. I would go to bed at 8pm and wake up at 8am with my kids, go to work, then around 5:30 when i'd get off, I'd take a little nap (like 20-30 min) with my husband watching them, the fatigue subsided until this past week, I am more tired now than before. With my husband working 12 hour shifts now, it's hard to stay awake, but I have found that two cups of half-calf coffee helps a little, also some exercise (take the kids for a walk), take them to the park in the morning, when you come home they will have expired their energy, and so you can ake a nap while they nap; but I wouldn' nap while my kids were up. Or, see if they want some grandparent time, or if they can go to a neighbors/friends house for an hour or so, so you can recharge. I hope this helps, some! (my children are 4 and 6)

matthew314
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Its hard for me to take them anywhere cause we are without a car and live kinda out in the sticks. We do some walks but over the past week I haven't been able to due to bad cramps and the heat. As for grandparents they have none. My parents are out of state and want nothing to do with my kids my hubby or myself. And hubbys parents are the same but they live in the same state. When I do doze off the kids are playing in their play room so I know they are safe. I lock the doors after hubby leaves for work. I just feel aweful cause its like I just can not keep my eyes open for nothing. Its not I plan on a nap it just happens.
Allisonc7910
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM
I wouldn't take a nap with the 4 year old. It's a bit young. Try and get at least 10 hours at night. They sleep so long at that age you could all get on that schedule.
kristinas8
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:11 AM
When I was in your situation I would put in a DVD and lightly nap on the couch so I could hear if something was wrong. Nothing ever went wrong. But, you know your kids, will they sit through a whole movie?
matthew314
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I usally do lay down on the couch and if I do nap it is very light. Its not a full on sleep. The bad thing about trying to sleep at night is it seems the baby is already a night owl. I feel sick at night so I get very little sleep.

Quoting kristinas8:

When I was in your situation I would put in a DVD and lightly nap on the couch so I could hear if something was wrong. Nothing ever went wrong. But, you know your kids, will they sit through a whole movie?

kristinas8
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Make sure your getting plenty of protein. I know most preggo books say carbs, but protein made all the difference for me as far as keeping morning sickness to a minimum.

Quoting matthew314:

I usally do lay down on the couch and if I do nap it is very light. Its not a full on sleep. The bad thing about trying to sleep at night is it seems the baby is already a night owl. I feel sick at night so I get very little sleep.

Quoting kristinas8:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN