Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby Shower Games

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 14 Replies
I'm helping plan my sisters baby shower (and trying to get ideas for my own), and need some more game ideas! Anyone had some fun games at their showers or showers they might have attended they wanna share?

We're doing the melted chocolate in diaper game and guessing the size of the belly. But we need a few more.
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
To_the_moon
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM
3 moms liked this
Pin the Sperm on the egg! It's just like pin the tail on the donkey.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I made it myself and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
AmericanChild82
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Baby shower bingo, safety pin game(cant say baby or babies name)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheyAreMyLoves
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Idk. We aren't doing games at my shower. Lol
Unless you count shooting pool and darts.
brknBelle
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Pin the sperm on the egg looks awesome! I most def will have it at my shower, but I know my sisters is going to have kids so some parents might not feel it appropriate.

I think we are going to do bing too. I found a few more games online.

Baby telephone. Where you sit in a circle, and the mother of the mom or dad to be starts by whispering parenting advice in one person's ear and everyone has to pass it along, until it gets back to the mommy to be. There's no winners to that game, but it sounds fun
WannaBeMom2013
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM

My all time FAVORITE one in where you melt different kinds of chocolate (Mr. Goodbar, Kit Kat, Reeses, MilkyWay etc) in a diaper and everyone has to guess which it is! Another one is with a ball or yarn, you have to guess how much would fit around the mommys pregnant tummy and then cut off the yarn. When everyone is done, who ever is closet gets a prize. I like that one too lol. I'm sure there are plenty of ideas on Pinterest if you use it. :) Have fun!

littlemamarisa
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM

You can do:

How well do you know the mommy-to-be/parents-to-be

Get the little babies that you would put in favors and put them in the ice tray and freeze them and pass one out in a cup to each guest and who ever's baby melts the fastest they have to yell my water broke and they get a small gift.

For just women.. the purse game

For the men.... who can put on a diaper the fastest

tuckermum
by Crysta on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM
My favorite is baby race you blind fold a few people they have naked baby dolls in front of them along with diaper clothes shoes and hat. Who ever gets the baby dressed first wins. :)
Rockabella
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Give people magazines and they have to cut out features and try to make what they think the baby would look like. Also seeing how many words you Can make out of babies name if you picked one already
brknBelle
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM
These are the games I decided on:

Bobbing for Nipples

Instead of apples, try bobbing for nipples. This tends to be a hit with the guys and is pretty hysterical to watch!

Fill a large tub with water and drop in some baby bottle nipples. Have the willing participants take turns trying to grab one in their teeth. You can also time the game and see how many nipples each person can nab in a certain amount of time, then give a prize to the winner.

Baby Picasso

Give each guest a sheet of paper and a crayon or pen. Have them all close their eyes and try their best to draw a baby. The mom-to-be picks her favorite, and that person wins a prize.

Guess the Girth [X]

It's a good idea to check with the guest of honor in advance on this one since some women may find this game a bit too personal. But if she's not shy or worried about her weight, it's a great icebreaker and can be entertaining.

All you need is a ball or two of string. Ask guests to cut a length of string that they think will stretch around the expectant mom's belly.

After everyone has had a turn, the mother-to-be measures and cuts a string that actually fits her belly. Compare her string to the pieces of string from each guest. The person who is closest wins. It can be surprising how far off some people's estimates are!

Guess How Many [X]

Fill a baby bottle with jelly beans. (Or put diapers – or whatever you like – in a large, clear container instead.) Make sure you count the items first! Have each guest guess how many they think are in the bottle or container. The person who comes closest wins a prize.

Baby Telephone [X]

Ask one guest to think of a parenting tip and whisper it to the person sitting nearest to her. That person has to repeat the tip by whispering it into the next guest's ear, and so on around the room.

The very last person who hears the tip should be the guest of honor. Once she hears it, she should announce it out loud to the room. Chances are it'll be thoroughly jumbled up – and worth a few laughs!

Powers of Observation

Have the guest of honor leave the room. Give each guest a piece of paper and a pencil and say, "Now, pay attention to the mother-to-be."

The expectant mom comes in carrying a tray filled with baby items (sippy cup, pacifier, diaper, and so on). She walks around with the tray, giving everyone a few moments to look, and leaves the room again.

Then ask the guests questions – not about what was on the tray, but about the mother-to-be! For example: Is she wearing nail polish? Is she wearing sandals? What kind of earrings does she have on? What color is her dress?

Everyone will groan when they realize they were paying attention to the tray instead of the expectant mom. She returns after everyone has written down their answers. It's fun for her to see how many guests noticed details about her!

Baby Gift Bingo

Make up a set of blank bingo cards (it's easy to find a printable version online). Pass them out to the guests before the gifts are opened, and have them fill in the squares with the kinds of gifts they think the parents-to-be will receive.

Tell them it's important to be specific: They shouldn't just write "sleeper," for example, but "Elmo sleeper" or "light blue sleeper." Each square must have a different item in it.

As each gift is opened, if a guest has that item in one of her squares, she puts an X over it. When a guest ends up with a complete row of X's, she calls out "baby bingo!" and wins a small prize. This game is lots of fun and keeps all eyes on the parents-to-be as they open gifts.

esox
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Games sometimes make me groan at showers. I like the ones that you don't really have to pay to much attention to like a baby item word scramble or word search that guests can complete as they sit and chat. 
I do like the Break the Water game, last time I played my baby got melted on a candle though...Hope my parenting skills are better than that when the baby pops out!

The powers of observation game sounds like a fun twist on a classic game. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)