Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

heat of the sun a problem ?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 4 Replies
Today I'm exactly 12 weeks pregnant. Last weekend I went with my family to a waterpark. All I did was keep myself cool in the pool, no crazy rides, and was in the sun for maybe 15 mins at a time tops before cooling down again in the water. Before that day I lost my morning sickness, but the day after that I ended up throwing up again and feeling sick. So far I still don't feel back to normal. I got some sunburn too from that trip, and I NEVER burn. So I got all nervous ....is being in the sun for a bit dangerous for my baby? Is that what made me sick again? I hope this doesn't mean I can't visit the beach this summer :( I am all nervous for my baby though, I hope I didn't mess anything up:(
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

As long as you stay hydrated, and cool off when your start to feel too hot it's fine.

As for the sunburn, I've read that your skin is more sensitive when you are pregnant. So wear sunblock. 

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM

You have to wear a stronger sunblock, and apply more often... I use to use 30.. now im using spf 60 just to be safe. Just two hours in the sun exhausts me... the sun can wear you out... definitely when your pregnant. I wouldn't worry.. just drink lots of fluids and get rest:)

Love,
Mrs. Gonzales BabyFruit Ticker
Maesm0mmy
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Thanks !!!:)
LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Anything over 25-30 spf is just a marketing ploy... it works no better.  You do need to be careful about sun poising, over heating and dehydration.  It does sound like dehydration from too much sun and over heating.  I would try to get down a gallon, if not more, of water a day until you feel better and keep cool.  After you have recovered you can go back to the new recommendation of 1/2 your body weight in ounces per day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured