Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gender Suprise

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 21 Replies
Im waiting til I deliver to find out the gender of my baby. Everyone says I'm crazy and that I'll crack due to curiosity and ask the doctors but I really don't want to know! I feel like its kinda old fashion and fun. Has anyone else kept their baby's gender unknown until delivery? Why or why not? And if so, do you think the curiosity throughout your whole pregnancy was worth the surprise?
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcoll
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

We have known every time, but we're really  leaning toward his one being a surprise. Bumping for others answers' :)

sprinkles9112
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM

DH wants to be surprised, which depending on the day, I think sounds fun. HOWEVER, I'm also a huge planner and it's hard for me to get used to the thought of not having everything ready by the time the baby gets here. We'll see what happens. He says we can find out the sex if I want to, but I just feel like a big jerkface if I don't let it be a surprise for him. 

CafeMom Tickers
brknBelle
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I totally understand the planning aspect of it! My game plan is to get lots of gender neutral clothes and stuff for 0-3 months (greens, reds, yellows, etc), and even go with a gender neutral theme for the nursery... And then have the baby shower after the baby is born.
Ladyteancum
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM

We had talked about it with this baby. We have a girl and a boy. So we would have had all the stuff, but it took us five Years to have this baby. I gave away all my baby stuff. Everything now, clothes wise, is really boy or girl. And now I think I need time to prepare my daughter if the baby is a boy. She has her heart set on a little sister.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I could never make it to the birth lol. I have to be able to shop and not just for gender neutral stuff!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brknBelle
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I have lots of family that have both boys and girls, so I'll have clothes for whichever gender, but I'll just have to hold off on buying other gender specific items.
MamaSarah1104
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm waiting this time. I'll be 36 weeks this Friday and have had plenty of opportunity to find out and resisted each time. At my OBs they don't write down the gender so you can't even call and find out lol. I do have a growth ultrasound next week and I think I'm going to ask them just to print some profile pictures and not let me see the ultrasound because I don't want to accidentally find out after waiting this long lol
brknBelle
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Do you think there's anyway I can see the ultrasound but not the gender? I want to be able to see my baby when it's big enough but don't want to accidentally find out either
To_the_moon
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I wanted to know the first time around and the same with this one. I'm not one for surprises.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
esox
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I thought I could live with the surprise but after going shopping I'm not so sure anymore. It does seem like everything is very girly or geared towards boys. Being the first baby I dont have anything yet and only have one nephew who is already 3.5 so hand me downs are probably out :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)