Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anterior placenta... Question!! ***UPDATE***

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 16 Replies
**UPDATE**
I'm 19w5d today and despite a lot of "tickling" sensation, I haven't felt anything definite yet. Waiting impatiently till I do.
I was also told I have an anterior placenta so it looks like it will be a little while before I feel this little man. This is baby #1 for me (17w1d).

Have u ever had an anterior placenta? How far along where u when u felt the baby? Did u feel him/ her move constantly during the pregnancy?
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I had an anterior placenta with DD4 and again this pregnancy. Both times I'd occasionally feel very minor flutters between 16-18wks but didn't feel my first REAL kick till I was into my 20th week and didn't feel constant kicks/movement till after 24wks.

NatyRod
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Thanks for ur response... But after 24wks where u able to feel here constantly? Did u see belly movement from the outside?
Quoting Devious103102:

I had an anterior placenta with DD4 and again this pregnancy. Both times I'd occasionally feel very minor flutters between 16-18wks but didn't feel my first REAL kick till I was into my 20th week and didn't feel constant kicks/movement till after 24wks.

SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I felt the other kiddos at around 13 weeks but this baby because of anterior placenta I didn't feel her until 19w5days and it didn't become regular until about 23 weeks

Mariah-1987
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
This is my 3rd baby and 1st with an anterior placenta. I could feel stuff from the inside starting around 18wks and didn't feel anything until 22wks on the outside. I am now almost 34wks and I can see and feel everything on the outside all the time.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I wouldn't say CONSTANTLY because baby's not constantly moving, but I was deff able to feel more kicks and movements. Even being 27wks there's plenty of times I don't feel anything but it's just because baby's mellow.

Quoting NatyRod:

Thanks for ur response... But after 24wks where u able to feel here constantly? Did u see belly movement from the outside?
Quoting Devious103102:

Merrick17
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
This is my first with an anterior placenta. I just finally started feeling consistent, sure movement at 25 weeks. I'll be 27 weeks on Thursday. Mine is right smack in the front so I usually feel her superlow (what I think is hiccups) or way out left and right. I felt little things here and there before 25 weeks, but was never certain it was her. Good luck and congrats on your boy!!
VintageWife
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

This is baby #4 for me and first time with an AP. I am 25 wks now and have only been feeling her everyday for 2 wks.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I was around 17 wks I believe (it was baby #2) Baby's movements werent as strong, and the dr was more concerned about fetal movemnt at the end of the pregnancy just because I couldn't feel as much movement!

FYI keep in mind anterior placentas normally make for a sunny side up baby (meaning possible longer labor, and longer push time) so I greatly advise seeing a chiropractor throughout your pregnancy to help with baby's positioning!

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
After 20 weeks
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I had one with both my first and second. I felt them around 17 weeks and not much movement at all. My third was not and wow what a difference. She also was just a mover too. Movements with my first two were a lot less. I could feel them but not as hard or much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)