Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Gingivitis

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:08 PM
  • 5 Replies
About a week ago I woke up in the middle of the night and my gums on one side was swollen and painful. Well here it is a week later and its still happening and its just one side and if I eat or anything like that it gets irritated and yea, well I looked up everything and even called my doctor and she said it sounds like pregnancy gingivitis and there's not much that can be done, idk if this is true. Has anyone been through this and when did the swelling and pain go away? Please help I am going to call a dentist tomorrow but I am in pain and tylenol has done nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Gum irritation during pregnancy can be normal. Why not take a trip to the dentist? Oral health plays a big role in the health of your pregnancy.

HerWife0421
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM
i did take a trip and it is pregnancy gingivitis, and they told me things i can do to calm the irritation down, and to help maintain it. and my ob said it is more common in women having multiples, and i am pregnant with twins, but after i have the babies it will go away.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Gum irritation during pregnancy can be normal. Why not take a trip to the dentist? Oral health plays a big role in the health of your pregnancy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I have extra sensitive gums with this pregnancy. I went to the dentist and got a special mouth wash.. I also have to brush my teeth after every meal. I still get bleeding, but not as much.  

HerWife0421
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM
my dentist told me if it doesnt settle down in weeks then to come back and he will give me special mouthwash. im hoping to just make it through this pregnancy and for this to go away.

Quoting tammy_lynne:

I have extra sensitive gums with this pregnancy. I went to the dentist and got a special mouth wash.. I also have to brush my teeth after every meal. I still get bleeding, but not as much.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)