Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Did anyone have contractions that felt like upset stomach and back pain?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was fine this morning but a few minutes after waking up from my nap I got a sharp pain in my lower stomach and then a dull pain in my back that sent me running for the bathroom. It felt like I had eaten something bad but I actually hadnt eaten anything since breakfast. The pains have been off and on, I just thought it as upset stomach but it hit me again pretty bad about 15 minutes ago and sent me running for the bathroom. 

I didnt have this issue with my other two and maybe it is upset stomach but, im wondering if anyone else experienced this as contractions? 

BTW im 39 weeks tomorrow

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
itsmisskay
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I keep having this and everyone keeps saying that they're probably just braxton hicks. I don't feel any tightening in my stomach when it happens, though, which I usually do when I get contractions. I've also heard that it could be the baby pushing out a little more since there is not as much room in there now and hitting some nerves. Not 100% sure what it is, but I can sympathize for sure! feel better

mmr520
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:23 PM
When it happened to me I was in labor. Could be a sign:)
PrincessGemini
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:42 PM

With my oldest I had somewhat moderate cramping in my stomach but my lower back was killing me, it felt like somebody was stabbing me with a knife and then just twisting it around. It is the wost pain I have ever been in. I went to the hospital and they were going to send me home but asked if I wanted to wait an hour and see or just go ahead and go home, I'm glad I decided to wait because when they came in to check me after the hour was up they could feel my bag of water bulging through my cervix (even though I was only dilated to like a 2 or 3 at the time) and rushed me to labor and delivery where my son was born a few hours later.

A-WAHL
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I am 33 weeks and yes! I have been dealing with this for a couple of weeks now. I get a really bad upset stomach then it goes away a couple minutes later, this happens throughout the day. I also get really bad cramps in my lower stomach. It has gotten worse since he's dropped. He dropped about 3 days ago, woke up the next day and he dropped more. I have a Dr's appt tomorrow so we'll see what he says.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:51 PM

thanks ladies! It seems to have stopped just like every promising sign ive had :(

wkukid
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Mine make me nauseous occasionally. Especially back labor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)