Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant and TERRIFIED!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm 11 weeks 2 days this is my 3rd baby and I am TERRIFIED! My DS was born at 37 weeks weighing 10lbs, my DD was born at 36 weeks weighing 8lbs 13oz. and my pregnancy was horrible with her! I lost 15 lbs from being put on a diabetic diet because I was borderline gestational diabetic, I couldn't breathe at the end, my babies are so big and I have a short middle region that it pretty much smashes my lungs and I am MISERABLE! I'm so scared of going through all of that again. Both of my babies were born by emergency c-sections my DS because he was too big and I wasn't dilating i had a scheduled c-section, but when they gave me the epidural they gave me too much and I couldn't breathe and passed out. My DD was because she had stopped moving and her heart rate was 300 so they had to get her out immediately. It was just all so traumatic and I'm scared to go through that again! I guess what I'm feeling is normal, but dammit I'm scared!!! Sorry, had to get that out, DH just tells me I'm crazy and everything is gonna be ok, but I can't help but be freaked out!

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM
You have good reason to be scared!! Those are traumatic experiences. I'd recommend finding a doula, interview MANY!!
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Oh no, I found an amazing Dr. when I had my DD and I couldnt imagine using anyone but her. I used a different Dr. with my son and I hated every minute of being in his office. But I love my current Dr., she took very good care of me when I had DD. Thanks tho!

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

You have good reason to be scared!! Those are traumatic experiences. I'd recommend finding a doula, interview MANY!!

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Doula and doctor do different things :) doulas support emotionally (and physically) throughout labor, not deliver babies :). I have had wonderful OBs but love my doulas and the different kind of support they have provided.

Quoting SuthernBelleo0o:

Oh no, I found an amazing Dr. when I had my DD and I couldnt imagine using anyone but her. I used a different Dr. with my son and I hated every minute of being in his office. But I love my current Dr., she took very good care of me when I had DD. Thanks tho!

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM

While you have every right/reason to be scared/freaked out, it's not going to help ANYTHING. All you can do is quit stressing yourself out and take things one day at a time. You already know you're prone to GD (or pre-gd) so start a diabetic diet early, maybe look into doing yoga to help stretch out and make things a bit more comfy & barable.  One day at a time.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Did you plan this pregnancy??

I agree with Devious, being freaked out isn't going to help! I would personally search out a Midwife and look for a more natural route of labor and delivery, but if you like your OB then I would do what a PP said and find a Doula who can support your through the labor and delivery! Meanwhile maybe look at some relaxing techniques, and try to find books or something to help you realize your body knows how to grow and delivery a baby, and that your more then capable to enjoy you pregnancy and birthing expereince!

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:10 PM

ooo ok, I'll have to see if we have any here, Ive never heard anyone mention one.

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Doula and doctor do different things :) doulas support emotionally (and physically) throughout labor, not deliver babies :). I have had wonderful OBs but love my doulas and the different kind of support they have provided.

Quoting SuthernBelleo0o:

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I was actually thinking of doing prenatal yoga, so I might look into that. thanks I know stressing over it isnt gonna help. Just nervous I guess.

Quoting Devious103102:

While you have every right/reason to be scared/freaked out, it's not going to help ANYTHING. All you can do is quit stressing yourself out and take things one day at a time. You already know you're prone to GD (or pre-gd) so start a diabetic diet early, maybe look into doing yoga to help stretch out and make things a bit more comfy & barable.  One day at a time.

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM

No, this pregnancy was a complete surprise, I was on BC and taking it religiously. 

I def love my OB and being this is my 3rd baby and ive already had 2 c-sections, a natural birth isnt really in my plan. I've done research about VBACs and im just not sure its for me. I just made my husband buy me some pregnancy books so hopefully they will help to ease my anxiety. :) thanks

Quoting NoraDun:

Did you plan this pregnancy??

I agree with Devious, being freaked out isn't going to help! I would personally search out a Midwife and look for a more natural route of labor and delivery, but if you like your OB then I would do what a PP said and find a Doula who can support your through the labor and delivery! Meanwhile maybe look at some relaxing techniques, and try to find books or something to help you realize your body knows how to grow and delivery a baby, and that your more then capable to enjoy you pregnancy and birthing expereince!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN