Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Going from one to two

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a 2.5 year old and I am due in March 2014. My son will be almost 3.5 y/o by then. How hard was it for you going from 1 to 2 kids? Advice?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piercedbeauty21
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Good question. I'm also going from 1 to 2. We have a 4 year old Dd and we're expecting our son in early October. So far I've been involving her in EVERYTHING related to the pregnancy. She's adjusting very well, and she's looking forward to her little brother getting here. I'm still scared about jealous issues and trying to balance my time between them, but those are things I can't deal with until he gets here.

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM
4 moms liked this
Dont know.

Im going from one to three.

Thank god my oldest will be in school.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda :-) on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM
No advice, but I'm in the same boat. My DS will be turning 2 just 6 weeks before his little brother arrives. :-)
CelestialSong
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I'm interested as well. My daughter will be almost 2.5 when #2 is born this fall. Honestly, I'm terrified :x

bcoll
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I'm no help, I had 2 the first time around. Lol

livingforthem83
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I have my first two 11 months apart, so there was no need to explain to the oldest. And it was really easy. My oldest 2 children were the easiest babies and toddlers.
MichaelsCasey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM
My oldest was 20 months old when I had my second. Honestly, the transition wasn't very hard for me. It was much harder to go from 2 to 3 for me personally. My daughter was so excited for her little brother and even at 20 months old was very helpful.
Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

It's hectic at first, but you fall into a routine pretty quick.  =)

momy231
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Miy boys are 3.5 years apart. I thought going from one to two isn't bad. My oldest is old enough that he likes to help which is like having an extra set of hands at times. Also there has been no jealousy issues at all. The hardest about having two is that it is just busier. Between laundry and bedtime routines everything just takes more time. Because my oldest was 3.5 when my youngest was born going into public is a breeze I don't have to worry about a baby screaming and a toddler meltdown. I hear going from 2 to 3 kids is the most challenging.
amc103
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Its hard, I'll be honest. I have a 4 year old and a 4 month old and my older son has regressed behavior wise quite a bit. He throws tantrums that are worse than the ones he gave me during the terrible twos. Although he loves his little brother very much, and I include him in everything, its taking a lot of time to get to the new "normal" We're still adjusting, but for our family its been really tough. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN