Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pre-term Labor??

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

I just got released from triage, I spent the last 4hrs being monitored for pre-term labor. Apparently I'm not having this baby TONIGHT...but I am worried.

Has anyone been checked for this before? what happened? Did you go into labor early or end up going full term?

I didn't have this with my first at all and now I'm kinda freaked out...they released me from triage even though my contractions didn't stop. They are approx every 2-3min but not very painful (def not actual labor)
My water has not broken, I haven't lost any of my plug and no bloody show. And when they checked I was only 1 maybe 1 and a half cm dilated (which I know could mean nothing since you can walk around like that for weeks)

I'm just curious how this ended up for other ladies.

BabyFetus Ticker

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mmr520
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM
How far along are you? I was put on brethine(sp?) And bed rest For the last 6 weeks to prevent labor and made it full term. Good luck!
shell3m
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I had to go in at 33 weeks with contrations and I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow and my cervix is soft and I'm dilated 1cm and the baby is engaged.  I've been on bed rest for a week now.  You can keep him in there if you are meant to, just do what they say to a T.  When they say only get to pee and shower...only do that.  I tried to load the dishwasher the other day and bam! pain....**eye roll**  so whatever they tell you do just do it.  :)   It will be ok hun.  ((hugs))  My hospital wanted me to make it to 35 weeks, I want to make it another week to 36 at least.  **fingers crossed for both of us**  :)

CafeMom Tickers
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:15 AM

I have had 'scares' of preterm labor with #2 & 3.......I essentially had very strong BH contractions because they werent real painful MOSTLY, just some back discomfort at times but the NST monitors could pick them up none the less, my OB says I have an overly strong uterus which is why my labors also end up being so fast, my OB classified me as 'Prodromal Labor' since it was unproductive (no dilation in 1 hr period) however I did begin to dilate quite early with all my babies (32-34 wks) & by the time I went into labor with my previous 3 I was 2.5cm/50%, 4.5cm/60% & 4cm/75% so although it was label 'unprogressive' it was doing something, just extremely slowly, like 1cm every 2 wks type ordeal. I have had large for gestational age babies & none of my 3 had any health issues at birth so I think they just cooked a little quicker than normal Lol.

My babies were born at 37w3d, 36w6d & 38w6d........so not dangerously early by any means, no issues or anything, came home after 2 days perfect.

wolfybaby
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:21 AM

oh boy. starting at 37 weeks, i began having early labor contractions. similar to braxton-hicks, but they actually open the cervix. my doctor noted that i was dilated to 3cm at week 38. 100% effaced. she had me monitored for safety but nothing happened. by week 39 early, i was dilated to a solid 4cm. still having contractions, but nothing that increased to true labor. i was put on modified bed rest, but i wasnt concerned. no water breaking, no blood, no mucous plug, etc. i finally went into true labor 2 days before week 40. in the 20 min it took to get to the hospital, i was dilated to 8cm [i dont know if some of the dilation occured during the previous week].

as long as you arent bleeding [not bloody show], have the wrong kind of pain, or any other actual problems, i wouldnt worry about it! just think of it as your body giving itself a headstart for delivery. instead of going into labor, then your cervix dilating and baby dropping, etc, etc, your body may be preparing that stuff before labor so youll have a smooth, fast delivery! i hope thats the case, mine was sure quick!

wolfybaby
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:25 AM

i just seen that you are only 31 weeks. id be slightly concerned, but again. no problems, no worries. being 1cm dilated is nothing! as long as your cervix doesnt keep opening too quickly too soon, youll be fine. the only mishap it caused for me by being 3-4 cm dilated for 3 weeks was giving my daughter a bruise on her head from being wedged in there. but she was also face-up for delivery, too. i hope your body settles down until at least a few more weeks! take it easy. physical labor can agitate labor symptoms. a 2-mile walk is what put me into labor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)