Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

bleeding after sex UPDATE

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:31 AM
  • 13 Replies
Update: I guess sex wont be happebing for the bext few weeks. After last night I was getting contracriions 2-6 minutes apart lasting 30-60 seconds . I was in soooo much pain I was in tears from them. Luckily just as I was going to go into l and d they slowed down and finally just stopped. I am still bleeding thiugh but inly when I wipe. Ugh.

Kinda tmi but me n hubby have had rough sex the entire pregnancy. Now that I'm 35 weeks we kinda calmed it down with me being so uncomfortable. Well since last week EVERY times we have sex I bleed. Qyite a bit too. I askedy doc and went into labor and deliv because last time it took 2 days to stop. They said its normal but it really freaks me out. Anyone else experience this? I didn't with my last 2.
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM

no but if they said everything was ok your cervix is probably just getting irritated.

maybe try more gentle.

TattooedMom104
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Yea its happened to me, at my last few weeks of my last pregnancy quite a bit

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM

During pregnancy everything swells down their, and you have increased blood flow, along with the possibility that your starting to dilate. Its very common to have spotting, or even light bleeding after sex. If your uncomfortable with it just avoid sex for the few weeks until baby comes, but its not a big deal! I have had bleeding off and on this pregnancy after sex (just small amounts) Never had it with my 2nd or 3rd. Did with my 1st. It really varies from pregnancy to pregnancy!

Homeschoolmo701
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Never happened to me and we have sex even after labor starts...but not after your water breaks.

sparklebug86
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

2 days to stop??? thats not normal. Im envious of you that you are still getting laid! I havent had sex since 20 weeks :(

Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

It's most likely due to the increased blood flow due to the pregnancy.  Not a big deal, but don't overdo it.

Gabrielle1982
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Been that way from the beginning for me.  Now it's just too painful to have sex at all.

CafeMom Tickers
Dontoya
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Amazing
Clemency3
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I haven't experienced it but my midwife says it is normal to bleed for up to 2 days. 

CafeMom Tickers
Alyssa1988-21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Idk I've never had sex that far along :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)