Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Opinion on a Boy Name

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM
  • 19 Replies
My boyfriend likes the name Bond. I do not. However, I have two children from my first marriage. This is his first child, so even though I'm not crazy about the name, I'm willing to go with it. I get to choose the middle name though and that is probably what he will go by. So, two questions....

1) what do you think of the name Bond?
2) what middle name would go with Bond Hosterman?

Here are a few names I like...

Bond Liam Hosterman
Bond Van Hosterman
Bond Alexander Hosterman
Bond Lucas Hosterman

All opinions and suggestions welcome!
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wolfybaby
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:45 PM

bond van sounds russian lol! i like bond alexander. that way, he can also use his middle name for a nickname if he doesnt like to go by his first name. if that happens, dont be offended! some kids are just picky or especially sensitive to criticism.

my partner goes by his middle name because he was named after an uncle who turned out to be a real piece of trash. who knows. its good to have a useable middle name!

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Do NOT like the name Bond.  If I had to pick from that list I'd say Bond Alexander. 

Megara
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Not Van.  People who see all three names will assume his last name is Van Hosterman.

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I'd pick this one too. I don't care for the name bond but if you can't talk him out of it, this one isn't too bad. Bond Van H. Sounds great BUT van isn't part of your last name so to me it shouldn't be given as a separate middle name. If your name was actually VanHosterman bond would sound great as a first name.

Quoting Devious103102:Do NOT like the name Bond.  If I had to pick from that list I'd say Bond Alexander. 
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM

IMO I can't stand the name bond...but if I had to choose from the 4 I would say Bond Van Hosterman

lifeforchrist
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM

such a bad name to pair with your last name...just sayin....

CelestialSong
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Why not just use Bond as the middle name if the name you choose will be what he ends up being called anyway? It's such a PITA to go by something that isn't your legal first name.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:19 PM
If you guys like it, then use it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2manydiapers
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I went through this with my youngest, dont do it. My youngest is 20 months and I still hate his name, dh wanted Liam, he compromised to william. I hate it.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok I am gonna be honest here (I hope you dont take offense) Bond is AWFUL, I mean really! I would definately talk him out of it! If I had to pic one of the four names...I would reluctantly go with Bond Alexander Hosterman! Good Luck, I hope he changes his mind!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN